Grill Kings Contest

ique

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I'm interested in cooking this contest but the website doesnt have entry forms up yet. Anyone have the details? Is this still on, when will sign-ups begin?...

Thanks

Chris

It's on - at Belmont Raceway weekend of July 16th. Don't know when the sign up sheets will post.

Last edited by a moderator:
was told beginning of May, so should be shortly. Racing will also be at Belmont so should make for a great turn out with people walking through.

Cue's Your Daddy said:
was told beginning of May, so should be shortly. Racing will also be at Belmont so should make for a great turn out with people walking through.

Just what we need. More people looking for free food! Last year I had an old lady grabbing the chicken I was putting in the presentation boxes.

BrooklynQ said:
Last year I had an old lady grabbing the chicken I was putting in the presentation boxes.

Is that any way to talk about Phil? :biggrin:

Sorry my mom offended you. Just kidding. It was pretty bad, but i think there are going to be vendors there, so it should hopefully stop some of that.

they said the applications would be up "in a few days" at the judging class. So that would be now. I wish they would just post the categories and turn in times so I could try and start to figure out a game plan. This will probably be my first and only contest this year, unless I can convince the wife to buy a new car sooner than later.

there wil be vending at this years event so they are encourging us not to give away samples.
They already have 2 venders and are looking for 2-3 more if anyone has interest. the date is july 15-16 you can call dean and get more information if needed .

Rockaway BeachBQ said:
they said the applications would be up "in a few days" at the judging class. So that would be now. I wish they would just post the categories and turn in times so I could try and start to figure out a game plan. This will probably be my first and only contest this year, unless I can convince the wife to buy a new car sooner than later.

???

If you go by RbsnWngs, all catagories and all turnins are at 1:30.

But at grillkings, Its KCBS rules.

Chicken 12:00
ribs 12:30
Pork 1:00
Brisket 1:30

Can`t wait for the contest,is anybody going out of state for any contest

Cue's Your Daddy said:
Sorry my mom offended you. Just kidding. It was pretty bad, but i think there are going to be vendors there, so it should hopefully stop some of that.

Stop some of that? People want FREEBIES anywhere you go. Since alot of the people will be there to bet on horses i will produce 3 styrofoam boxes with bones in two of them ribs in the other, shuffle them and let them pick for $10 A HAND. Degenerate gamblers, how much easier can it get

BBQchef33 said:
???

If you go by RbsnWngs, all catagories and all turnins are at 1:30.

But at grillkings, Its KCBS rules.

Chicken 12:00
ribs 12:30
Pork 1:00
Brisket 1:30

I was figuring that we would get a few extra categories as well. I also wanted to see how feasible it would be to do both grilling and Q'ing.

Rocakaway - usually the grilling contest is held the day before the bbq turn-in.

yup, GK will be having a grilling contest on the first day. Grill kings will supply all grillers a case of Surefire Charcoal(their own product), and you have to cook on that. Grilling entries are:

bbq sauce 1:00
wings 1:30
pork chop 2:00

For RBSnWNGS.. all entries are due in at 2:30. :wink:

I don't think you'd like this cookoff Chris. Weak trophies too.
If I were you I'd go somewhere else.

Attachments

• GK-2005.jpg
    GK-2005.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 92
they may have weak trophies but it was a good time and i here phil has blocked off 1 whole row for brethren teams

hey doc, its in the same place as last year... See ya there! Dont leave if everyones not there on time.. were gonna run late. :twisted: :mrgreen: :wink:

Back