Build Finished...Can I call it a Santa Maria?

That is a slick setup. I like it. Wish I had a good supply of steel, I'd like to give something like that a go.

A stick of 2"x2" square tubing, a stick of 2" angle, some expanded metal and assorted scrap and you are there. I had it laying around from other projects, but probably less than $150 total, including the winch from Northern Tool. Go for it!
That is a slick setup. I like it. Wish I had a good supply of steel, I'd like to give something like that a go.

A real Santa Maria pit would have been a 4 to 6 rod rotisserie rig, the rods would need to be about 5 feet long, and 5/8" diameter. It doesn't have to be motor driven, the real big boys of Santa Maria turn by hand. Each rod should hold two full sirloins.

So, there is the challenge.

Well, I don't think I'll be there anytime soon, at least not with this build. But maybe one full sirloin once I get the rotisserie added. Speaking of rotisseries, anybody have any experience with the battery operated motors?
A real Santa Maria pit would have been a 4 to 6 rod rotisserie rig, the rods would need to be about 5 feet long, and 5/8" diameter. It doesn't have to be motor driven, the real big boys of Santa Maria turn by hand. Each rod should hold two full sirloins.

So, there is the challenge.

I've never seen a Tri Tip here in Central West F either! I've looked too.
Nice lookin rig, real nice work....cept that Gator thingie:mrgreen:

I thinks you can call it what you want, looks like a Sante Maria to me!:clap:

Dave that looks awesome!! Really nice!! :cool: :grin:

Outstanding Build. I think I'm gonna use some of your ideas but my logo is gonna be much nicer since it'll be a Razorback Hog. :)

Everybody should have a plasma cutter anyhow, glad to provide an excuse!:biggrin1:
Outstanding Build. I think I'm gonna use some of your ideas but my logo is gonna be much nicer since it'll be a Razorback Hog. :)

I'll leave the proper designation to the west Coast Brethrens but you can definitely call it bad azz. Sweet rig ya got there!

Back