Input on a new cooker needed

Mahoney86

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So the quest for my new cooker has sort of changed directions.

I have had my heart set on a MeadowCreek unit, though I spoke to a few dealers for them and only one seemed to care about actually making the sale, unfortunately he had the highest price. I felt like I was bothering the others, perhaps it was because I tried talking price....

Regardless I have a bad taste in my mouth, even after meeting the guys direct at MeadowCreek. So Im opening my options. If I need to wait a month for a new cooker, I mind as well order something made the way I want and have it shipped up because unfortunately living up in the north, were limited on builders up here.

So what I do know is that I want reverse flow, slide out racks, some stainless steel and a quality cooker. My main use of this cooker will be my backyard and family parties with a few competitions a year. A trailer model would be nice, however I am not sure how much competing I will be doing so id rather not go that route. Something in a 120 gallon size would be nice, 250gallon is a bit too large for a backyard cooker.

Feel free to PM me with info as well. I greatly appreciate it

Lang was my next choice, but I want something larger than the 48". When I was younger I always bought small and "cheap" so that I could upgrade if I got more into it and not spend a ton up front to try something out. Ive upgraded cookers 3 times last year and really want to make sure this is a cooker that stays around for a few years if I decide to grow in comps or anything. They always say its cheaper to do it right the first time!

They make a 60", 84" and 108" :-D

I picked the 48 since it's roughly the same size ad the Meadow Creek 120 and you mentioned wanting a 120 gallon size.

They make a 60", 84" and 108" :-D

I picked the 48 since it's roughly the same size ad the Meadow Creek 120 and you mentioned wanting a 120 gallon size.

Correct, I always forget that the MC 120 is so large because of the rounded sides, yet the grades are only about 50" in length

Then you'll want to look at the Lang 60 - comparable to Meadowcreek 120.
The Lang 84 - same size as the Meadowcreek 250 - both uses 1/4" steel.

[However to note: the Meadowcreek 120 uses thinner steel (3/16")and charges more per pound of steel.]

For an actual picture - here's my first Lang (48 patio); only 10 butts.

picture.php

Does cook just fine like its bigger brothers loaded.... no duress whatsoever. :thumb:

Like yourself - have upgraded smokers... cooking for bigger causes. The Langs do hold their value, too.

this one is on craigslist. http://southjersey.craigslist.org/for/3702341957.html

MeadowCreek TS120 Smoker - $5500 (Palmyra NJ)

3E83L33He5N65Kf5H7d3pefa5b45eb33214cc.jpg

This is a Meadowcreek TS 120 16 foot Smoker with a chicken cook and stainless steel package. Purchase new April 2012 for 6800.

Grate Size:
20" x 41.75" T
22" x 41.75" B
Dimensions:
72" H x 150" L x 57" W
Weight:
1140 lbs.

no affiliation to me, just a listing i thought you might like.

Contact TuscaloosaQ, a brother & superior RF pit builder at reasonable cost. I'll PM contact info.

Back