My 2nd ever contest - Bixby, OK

mr_farmboy

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Well here's my 1st post since joining this forum and this weekend, I'll be entering my 1st competition of the year. It will only be my 2nd competition ever. I entered the competition in my hometown last fall in Ft Gibson, OK. It was a small one and now I want to experience a big one. Roughly 100 teams! Plus an episode of BBQ Pitmasters is going to be filmed there as well. I'm entering to have a good time and meet great people. I'll be cooking on a traeger pellet smoker, 2 homemade ugly drum smokers, and a charcoal grill. If anyone reading this is going to be there, come find me and say hi!

Taylorhood BBQ

Good luck! Maybe my wife or I will have the privilege of judging one of your entries. :)

You'll LIKE Bixby. I think that's the best-run comp in the state.

I ended up with:

61st chicken
18th ribs
67th pork
42nd brisket
48th overall

93 total teams
I already know a ton of things I'd do different next time. My 1st contest, I came in dead last, so I'm getting better!

Congrats on the improvement. Especially that rib score. Nice going. :clap:

I say the same thing after every comp: "I know what I'm going to do next time..." :-D

I tell you what - there was some really good BBQ turned in at Bixby. To get those scores you did NOT suck. Keep up the good work!

Back