• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Boston Butts

Food Lion is going out of business (or at least closing most stores around here). We picked up 40 bottles of wine for our wedding at half price.

Food Lion is going out of business (or at least closing most stores around here). We picked up 40 bottles of wine for our wedding at half price.

They are closing what they call the under performing stores. I know they moved out of GA a few years ago then they left Florida. Maybe they can turn things around.

We had a Food Lion that opened into a closed Kroger's building...but it closed 4 years later, and is now a Hobby Lobby. It's OK, we still have 5 or 6 within 10 minutes of each other!

They're expensive, thats why. My SO is from Norfolk, and the couple times ive been we went to food lion, and damn!

It reminds me of a chain we have on the left coast, called Scolaris. Prices outrageous, they halved their DC in town and closed one store by me so far. The nice thing about Scolaris though, is they job place you when they have to close a store. So everyone in the store were offered a job at another location, or were helped into other jobs.

They're expensive, thats why. My SO is from Norfolk, and the couple times ive been we went to food lion, and damn!

It reminds me of a chain we have on the left coast, called Scolaris. Prices outrageous, they halved their DC in town and closed one store by me so far. The nice thing about Scolaris though, is they job place you when they have to close a store. So everyone in the store were offered a job at another location, or were helped into other jobs.

Thats surprising, around here Food Lion is one of the cheapest. Kroger and Harris Teeter are more expensive for most things.

To be honest though, everything there is more expensive than here in Reno, so it may be an illusion to me. And those are normal prices for the area.

Food Lion is one of those stores that reduce prices at the register IF you have one of their discount cards. Same as Kroger does on certain items.

We lost the two really nice new Food Lion stores closest to home.

Super convenient. Best prices anywhere around.

It's rumoured that a new grocery store chain (owned by Walmart), is coming soon.

We lost the two really nice new Food Lion stores closest to home.

Super convenient. Best prices anywhere around.

It's rumoured that a new grocery store chain (owned by Walmart), is coming soon.

Dub; If you have a local IGA you may want to check them out. They started a sale at .98 a lb. In GA you will have to pay tax but thats still a heck of a deal.

I just happen to live on the GA/SC state line so I drove into SC to get mine where there is no tax on food.

Dub; If you have a local IGA you may want to check them out. They started a sale at .98 a lb. In GA you will have to pay tax but thats still a heck of a deal.

I just happen to live on the GA/SC state line so I drove into SC to get mine where there is no tax on food.

Yep. just bought 10 at the IGA Dills in Royston!

Food Lion is one of those stores that reduce prices at the register IF you have one of their discount cards. Same as Kroger does on certain items.

Kroger, Bi-Lo, Ingles, Food Lion, I think they all are doing that now days. It's that or you join a warehouse club such as Costco, Sams, BJ's or RD.

Back