• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Slab o Strip Steaks fer 2.99 a pound...WOW!

Well, got 15 very nice steaks outta that thing. Very nice marbeling. Looks good to me! We shall see how they grill up!
EsmeBdaypics0012_zps6cb36b69.jpg

Now that's some very pretty looking steaks ya got there, sir! :thumb:

Those steaks look awesome. The NY strip steak is one of my favorite steaks. I am wondering if anyone on the forum has tried cooking it whole similar to a tri-tip roast

that looks great! You are making it hard for me to not slice up the NY Strip slab that I have had dry aging since 12/28!

That time again......sadly, they raised the price to 4.99 lb. Fark. Still gotta check em out. I hope they put em on the flyer again next week at a lower price!

They've done that in the past.

Bob

Last edited:
That deal is so good it pisses me off! LOL!!

Strip is my favorite cut.....as long as ya don't count porterhouse.:heh:

That is still a good deal for today. Best I have seen around here is $7.00 per pound for a whole strip.

Those steaks look awesome. The NY strip steak is one of my favorite steaks. I am wondering if anyone on the forum has tried cooking it whole similar to a tri-tip roast

I have cooked the whole strip on a Brinkman offset. I use a whole chimney of charcoal fully lit. Sear the strip on the coals. Set the strip for indirect. Cook to an internal temp of 125 in the center. Remove and let stand for 15 min. You will have med, med rare and rare meat from end to end. Seasoning is salt, pepper, and steak seasoning. I like it better than prime rib, and no longer do prime if I can get the strip. Hope this helps.

Harry

I have cooked the whole strip on a Brinkman offset. I use a whole chimney of charcoal fully lit. Sear the strip on the coals. Set the strip for indirect. Cook to an internal temp of 125 in the center. Remove and let stand for 15 min. You will have med, med rare and rare meat from end to end. Seasoning is salt, pepper, and steak seasoning. I like it better than prime rib, and no longer do prime if I can get the strip. Hope this helps.

Harry

I'm glad you posted this. I wondered if you could do these like a prime. I hit the store before closing but they had nothing out on the counter. Gonna check it out again tomorrow.

Bob

Back