• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Android App Just Released

Just downloaded your app...thanks! Looking forward to playing around with it...:thumb: Any chances of it being able to talk to my MAK PitBoss controller one day?
Cheers!
JD

Maybe one day... But from what I know, those remotes are built to specifically connect direct to MAK controllers via bluetooth. So while anything can be done, this one would be a bit more complicated to pull off.

I installed a copy of The Pit Pal on my Galaxy SIII, congrats on an interesting app. :thumb:

I have my CyberQ WiFi's web interface password protected, when I try to run the Pit Pal app I get:

"Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
"

I have no problem connecting to the CyberQ's web interface from the default browser on my Android phone. It asked for a login and password the first time I connected and remembered it. I just click on the bookmark, and it goes right in.

If I disable the password protection from the CyberQ's web interface, The Pit Pal connects right up to it.

It appears The Pit Pal does not support password protection on the CyberQ?

Bob

Last edited:
I installed a copy of The Pit Pal on my Galaxy SIII, congrats on an interesting app. :thumb:

I have my CyberQ WiFi's web interface password protected, when I try to run the Pit Pal app I get:

"Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
"

I have no problem connecting to the CyberQ's web interface from the default browser on my Android phone. It asked for a login and password the first time I connected and remembered it. I just click on the bookmark, and it goes right in.

If I disable the password protection from the CyberQ's web interface, The Pit Pal connects right up to it.

It appears The Pit Pal does not support password protection on the CyberQ?

Bob

We'll have that included in an upcoming release but you are correct that it does not support guru credentials yet.

I just installed the Pro edition just because I think it will be a useful app and I want to support you guys hard work developing it. Any plans on developing it to export a cook log to an excel or similar file so the cook data can be printed out?

How about a nice large numbers clock for the guys using a tablet at comps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Folks - The latest release of The Pit Pal is now able to export cooks in a variety of formats. Location of the "export" button is on the cook details screen.

It supports exporting in:
-XML for backups (future restore functionality will come later)
-Plain Text Format
-Microsoft Word and Open Office (Rich Text Format)
-Excel and other spreadsheet support (CSV Format)

Exports can be saved to either your phones internal SD or sent direct via email.

Just an FYI for the Brethren, we are trying to get out of the red a bit and cover some of our costs so had to put some limitations on this new export functionality which you might see if using the free version. 1000s of people are using the free version which is great. But the Paid PRO version is not getting the pull so unfortunately we have to do something to try to drive interest. Just letting you guys know ahead of time the reason for some of the limits. Any support is appreciated!

And thanks again for all the feedback. We have quite the list of things to do :shock: :grin:

1_7_banner.jpg

I am not at home with my tablet but will it export previous saved cooks or only from now forward?

Moontz:

I mentioned earlier about a screen refresh problem I was having with the duration timers on the cook screen. I was doing another cook today and was able to capture what I was talking about. Like I said it is not a big deal and doesn't effect anything but my programming background makes me want to point it out. Those things would drive me crazy when I build UI. I got a screen shot from my Nexus 7.

Screenshot_2013-01-05-05-09-59.png

You can see the duration timer is showing 14 minutes but if you look at the time it should be 1 hour 1 minute for the pit. The food timer is showing 58 minutes and it should be 2.

To get it to refresh I had to kill the app in the task manager and relaunch then it will refresh. Like I said not a big deal but just my ocd tendency kicking in.

By the way love the app and the additional features you added. Already exported my previous cooks and printed them off. I think you have it under priced and would have gladly paid a little more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

spelling error on description page.
The Pat Pal enables more consistent BBQ through the use of historical tracking of cooks and results taking into account common BBQ variables such as the temperature and duration of the cook, or the sauce/rub combination, or even the type of wood used or the weather at the time of the cook.

WOW, that's what I call service!! Ask for an export feature and 5 days later we get it. I know, you have probably been working on it for weeks, but you have to admit, the timing was pretty good.

Thanks KSU. That helps and I'll see what the deal is. Also thanks Magic for the typo alert.

Also here is a clearer picture of a sample Word export. Got a few PMs wanting to see a better view of what it looks like

export_page.png

New release available folks (http://bit.ly/SqVnLj). Thanks brethren for all the feedback. Most of these features/fixes are because of emails/posts from you. And iOS folks, its coming along :) No exact ETA yet.

• Updated look and feel on the Cook Details page for more usable space.
  • Updated various icons for a cleaner look.
  • Added "more info" links to the Cook Details page to drill down into cook and food attributes.
  • Added ability to delete photos from the cook.
  • Added a new action for cooks to "Fill Water Pan".
  • Various bug fixes including fix to duration (thanks KSU for helping test) and some others with charting and some other things.

How is everyone here getting the andriod connected to the cyberq?
Is everyone running in infrastructure mode with a router?

I have a galaxy s3 and I like the app, thinking of getting a cyberq but have heard the android doesn't do ad hoch??

I have a galaxy s3 and I like the app, thinking of getting a cyberq but have heard the android doesn't do ad hoch??

Android will not ad hoc with the CyberQ. You connect to the CyberQ and the app thru infrasfructure. It's really no big deal and easy to do.

Android will not ad hoc with the CyberQ. You connect to the CyberQ and the app thru infrasfructure. It's really no big deal and easy to do.

Absolutely correct, must get to infrastructure mode for it to work. I use PitPal (Pro, c'mon it's a great little app and only $2!!) with my CyberQ and it's a great combo. I'm running a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Android 4.2.1 without any troublle.

I know infrastructure mode can be a pain, shame there's not a WPA button on the CyberQ. I'm a computer geek so I have a bit of an advantage getting things setup but the biggest thing folks tend to miss is on the security side of things. Your WPA key (you're running WPA right, cause WEP is a waste of time..) is absolutely case sensitive so make sure you have the correct spelling. Lots of folks call the WPA key the password and I think the CyberQ calls it a passphrase. Get into the control panel of your router before you start messing around with the CyberQ and make sure you have your wireless security info copied down into Notepad or something so you have it for access when you change the CyberQ. Also do not be worried if when it boots up the CyberQ says no IP address, it will connect a few moments later.

Back