View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #39
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

My style varies depending on who I'm cooking for, how much time I have, how much I'm cooking, etc. When doing groups (like pork for 300) it's my Hot and Fast stickburner. Small things like a few slabs for pastor appreciation day, Masterbuilt electric with Todd's maze, and 275 for 3-2-?. WSM is usually 300 for whatever depending on what I'm cooking. I use my 5 burner gasser with IR for steak, chicken, pizza, other outdoor cooking chores. I also do seafood boils and turkey fry jobs. Tradition is what I learned...then competition and catering taught me efficiency. I love it all and have been a kitchen professional - I'm 60 y.o. so I'm trying to not be too cranky about what's right/wrong. If YOU like your food and the ones that you feed love it -- screw what anyone else thinks!! I love the discussions that start "I've been using xyz and love it BUT...". Try new things but don't expect the "silver bullet" for each problem. Be flexible and enjoy what you do.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->