Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Ohio Veteran BBQ Battle, 9/28-29, Xenia OH

Big Mike

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We are only a few weeks away. Who all is coming? I have only been able to do one other comp this year so I am looking forward to it.

Also, for those that have not signed up yet, the organizer posted this on FB.

"How's this for an incentive to come and cook Xenia! Every team that enters our event will automatically qualify for a free entry to the Nelsonville contest. One lucky team will be drawn by one of the BBQ Battle Babes during the awards on Saturday and that team will get a free entry to the fourth and final leg of the Ohio Triple Crown!"

We will be there. Probably about 5 minutes before those Velvet Smoke guys if they come :becky:

I was hoping to bring the Hillbilly Konk BBQ team but dosen't look like it is going to happen. Can't get the funding together n time.

Thanks for all the support guys! It was tough walking away from Kettering after founding and organizing it for five years but the support that you all are showing to the committee and me more than makes up for it. We're working our butts off to make this an event you will want to come back to year after year. If you haven't heard already, we're doing this at the Greene County Fairgrounds in Xenia in conjunction with Old Timer Days. The teams will be setup in a regular camping area with hardwired electric (30 & 50 amp), city water, brick & mortar bathrooms with showers and RV dump stations onsite. Combine that with the BBQ Battle Babes, a world famous pitch-in dinner organized by Old Dave of Ribs & Bibs, complimentary breakfast on Saturday morning and you've got a pretty good time!

If i didt have to cook for / be involved in a wedding we would be back over there, I had heard a lot about the Kettering competition and was dissapointed when i found out the organizer wasnt with them anymore... we wanted our pictures with cheerleaders dagnabit!

If i didt have to cook for / be involved in a wedding we would be back over there, I had heard a lot about the Kettering competition and was dissapointed when i found out the organizer wasnt with them anymore... we wanted our pictures with cheerleaders dagnabit!

Wish you were free to come over too. Doggone weddings stand in the way of so much!

I appreciate the comments on Kettering but it wasn't just the organizer. I've got a great committee and they are mission driven to taking care of all of our customers. Lucky for me when I decided to walk away from Kettering, they came with me.

Thanks for the boards Mike, we setting up next to eachother? Im really looking forward to the "Long" 15 minute drive to this one!!!

Thanks for the boards Mike, we setting up next to eachother? Im really looking forward to the "Long" 15 minute drive to this one!!!

No problem on the boards bud. Yea, we can set up together. It will be good to see yall, I don't think I have seen ya since New Years.

Plane ticket bought and confirmed, packing list almost complete to ship off, meat ordered and will be delivered, ya'll dont get too many in ya before I get there Thursday night......I believe a beverage or 12 will be in order, now if I can just remember how to cook on those pellet cookers where I get a full night sleep......boy, I cannot wait!!!

I'm sorry, but due to unforseen circumstances we no longer have space for you. I sure hope that plane ticket was refundable.:boink:

I'm sorry, but due to unforseen circumstances we no longer have space for you. I sure hope that plane ticket was refundable.:boink:

damn, I thought that I would be welcomed with open arms and bottles......back to the drawing board

Sorry, couldn't help myself. You're always welcome and I think we might could have some beverages available. I might even have some of the official Eagle River Barbecue bourbon available. http://www.eaglerare.com/

Im not much of a drinker, probably wont have that much (you believe that dont you Mike?) lol

Back