Pork and Brisket Box advice

FattyMac

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
First time building pork and brisket boxes, hell first time building a parsley box. After I built both boxes and closed lid I waited about 15 minutes before taking these photos.

Pork:
IMGP4191.JPG

IMGP4192.JPG

Brisket:
IMGP4195.JPG

IMGP4197.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Looks pretty good. There is some sauce on the parsley in the pork pics. If nothing else, I use a toothpick to push down the parsley that has sauce on in and add more(which I learned from a Brethern here).

looks pretty good overall.
more meat in the pork box. even out the sauce coating on the chunks. tighten up the parsely(add more in the same space)
brisket, use consecutive slices for more uniformity. burnt ends don't look burnt. depending on how it tastes, might consider straining the sauce/au jus, or whatever.

not bad at all for a first try though!

Try to get an even green "frame" around the box edges. Push that parsley down in the pork box. Look for leaves the same size for the frame, use bigger leaves in the middle. You don't want to see white box through the leaves. Good Start!

Good start for a first attempt! Just a comment or three: Less sauce on the pork chunks and spread more evenly; visually, I think that it would look better if you put the burnt ends in front and then reversed the order of your slices so the first is the shortest and the furthest back is the longest. Just my $0.02.

Good luck!

cant add anything to the pork---already been said. Besides the slices not being even I love the color and the flecks of spices on the Brisket.Wish I knew what that brisket tasted like :thumb:

Your parsley stems should be facing down. Think of building a tight putting green. Each of my boxes take 30-60 mins to create. Diva Q has an excellent tutorial on how to create the putting green. Everything should be even. Take a picture and look at. Draw in your mind an imaginary line down each side of the box, is it even? Your BBQ looks really yummy!!!

hard to tell from the pic, but the brisket slices appear to be thicker on one end/thinner on the other, try to get them cut pencil thick all the way across and try to get them close to the same length or at the very least evenly spaced so that you are showing the same amount of face on each one., sauce looks blotchy as well.

Back