• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Grilled Lobster Tacos

Abelman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well, tried something for the first time last night, grilled lobster tacos. We love fish tacos so it seemed like a natural extension. I grilled 4 small tails using a compound butter. I diced them up, added diced cabbage with EVOO, KS, Lime juice and BP. Threw on some diced japs, sliced avocado as well as a splash of Sriracha sauce. For mine, I over did it on the heat a little. For the rest of the family, they were excellent.
We also had some white rice with a lemon infused vinegar from Whole Foods. I absolutely love that stuff on many things.
Lastly, some sliced avocado, some balsamic vinegar and some KS. After all was said and done, it was an excellent meal. The kids even had seconds.

Tacos.jpg

Dinner-15.jpg

And since you can't really see the lobster meat in there, I took a late picture of the shells. Might be a first posting a picture of something from the garbage can
why.gif

Shells.jpg

I'd "bob" that!, if I could eat lobster!! That looks good! I must be part Mexican!

I grilled Lobster for my wife, with a sprinkle of Simply Marvelous Cherry for my wife for Mothers day, lets just say I have racked up some major "brownie" points!

Thanks guys!

Phubar, you're right but it's too late now. :tsk: So simple and yet I completely forgot about it. Next time I grill some tails, I will make sure to save them. :thumb:

See, I wouldn't have EVER thought of putting cabbage or jalapenos with lobstah.
I love this place - GREAT idea and good looking too!

Thanks guys!

Phubar, you're right but it's too late now. :tsk: So simple and yet I completely forgot about it. Next time I grill some tails, I will make sure to save them. :thumb:

Yep...it;'s the simple things.
I'm starting to get a hang of it recently.:wink:

Yours look great.

I just get so disapointed in the lobster or shrimp I buy from the market. Almost no flavor at all. I do remember, however, eating lobster in Rosarito Beach, Mexico fresh from the ocean, I believe. Man was it good. Lots of flavor.

Yours look great.

I just get so disapointed in the lobster or shrimp I buy from the market. Almost no flavor at all. I do remember, however, eating lobster in Rosarito Beach, Mexico fresh from the ocean, I believe. Man was it good. Lots of flavor.

I know that area, had a few beers or more :tape: back in the day I was in the Marine Corps and spent some time there. I don't think I'm welcome back though :shocked:

BTW, the compond butter really helps in the flavor profile. However, I know what you're taling about. Fresh seafood can't be beat vs. store bought, especially when you're in the middle of the country like I am.

Yours look great.

I know that area, had a few beers or more :tape: back in the day I was in the Marine Corps and spent some time there. I don't think I'm welcome back though :shocked:

I was stationed in SanDiego, we would take trips outside of TJ's to get away, I think I surfed there, is that like a little resort area? It's all a haze... I don't think I'm welcome back there also...wait how long is the statue of limitations???:doh::tape:

Well, tried something for the first time last night, grilled lobster tacos. We love fish tacos so it seemed like a natural extension. I grilled 4 small tails using a compound butter. I diced them up, added diced cabbage with EVOO, KS, Lime juice and BP. Threw on some diced japs, sliced avocado as well as a splash of Sriracha sauce. For mine, I over did it on the heat a little. For the rest of the family, they were excellent.
We also had some white rice with a lemon infused vinegar from Whole Foods. I absolutely love that stuff on many things.
Lastly, some sliced avocado, some balsamic vinegar and some KS. After all was said and done, it was an excellent meal. The kids even had seconds.

Tacos.jpg

Dinner-15.jpg

And since you can't really see the lobster meat in there, I took a late picture of the shells. Might be a first posting a picture of something from the garbage can
why.gif

Shells.jpg

Prettiest pic of trash I've seen in a while.:p

My wife looked over my shoulder while I was checking out your pron, she said "that looks REALLY good!!" and I REALLY do agree!!!

Back