How many spares????

got14u

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am cooking for about 15-18 people tomorrow. How many racks of spare ribs would I need. We are also having potato salad,rolls, and beans. I will only slightly trim the ribs so they should be pretty big. Oh the ribs are the ones from Sam's club.....thanks in advance !!!!

Since it is your only meat, I would figure on at least 4 bones per person.

Depends how big of eaters they are, we were asked to do ribs and beans for 40 people, they wanted 40 racks of ribs and 3 half pans of our beans, we did 44 racks in case there was 1 or 2 that don't turn out as good, they had already paid for the 40 racks and the beans, the told us to bill them for the other 4 racks, nice to have some big eaters

Depends how big of eaters they are, we were asked to do ribs and beans for 40 people, they wanted 40 racks of ribs
Wow, one rack per person. That would be a crowd of big eaters :becky:. Did you slice them, or just give each guest a rack?

I also get my spareribs from Sams and they are big ones usually. I catered a b-day party 2 weeks ago for 21 people and they wanted to serve 1/2 racks which is just over 2 cases so I bought 3 cases and for some reason they all went on, sure glad I did they ate all 27 racks. Guess it was luck or instinct.

Wow, one rack per person. That would be a crowd of big eaters :becky:. Did you slice them, or just give each guest a rack?

It was snowing and raining out, we pulled the Trailer into there factory and served them vending style, cut the racks in half and served in 3 compartment styrofoam containers, not 9X9's, bigger containers.

Back