View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
Paul B
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post
I cook brisket hot and fast at 275 - 325 F all the time. I cook them fat cap down until they reach an internal temp of about 150 to 165 F then wrap them in foil. I continue to cook them at 275 to 325 F until they reach an internal temp in the thickest part until they reach 205 F. Then, I wrap them in a thick blanket and put them in a cooler for 2 hours. The last two hours in the cooler finishes them up nicely. I defat the juice in the foil/pan and use it as au jus over the finished brisket. It always turns out tender and delicious. So, it's about 6 hours total for a great brisket.
OFF Topic......Why does the above^^^^contain one more sentenance than the one on the topic page, see below:

I cook brisket hot and fast at 275 - 325 F all the time. I cook them fat cap down until they reach an internal temp of about 150 to 165 F then wrap them in foil. I continue to cook them at 275 to 325 F until they reach an internal temp in the thickest part until they reach 205 F. Then, I wrap them in a thick blanket and put them in a cooler for 2 hours. The last two hours in the cooler finishes them up nicely. I defat the juice in the foil/pan and use it as au jus over the finished brisket. It always turns out tender and delicious.

The above is a direct copy of the original.....

ON topic....

I need to try a hot and fast brisket soon.........

Thanks,

Paul B
SS UDS
Paul B is offline   Reply With Quote