Hot-n-Fast Brisket with pron!

hav

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Remember the Apple tree that grew in Brooklyn? << http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80965&highlight=apple+tree >>

Well, I decided to cut some chunks and filled my WSM with regular KF and Apple for a Hot-n-Fast Brisket.

IMG_20100905_104211.jpg

Here is the 12.5lbs packer I picked up at RD for $2.25 a pound after the first 2 and a half hours, I foiled it up and put it back in for another 2 hours.

IMG_20100905_140001.jpg

Here is the Point all chunked and sauced going back in the smoker for another 2 hours!

IMG_20100905_171921.jpg

Here is the sliced flat, juicy like ‘fuhgeddaboudit’, rubbed with John Henry’s Texas Brisket Rub!

IMG_20100905_174412.jpg

So how much time total? that looks mighty fine.

I just got my WSM this weekend and will be doing mucho amounts of meat in the next little while.

That brisket looks rockin', bro! Congrats!

Nice.... So what temp did you cook at 300 > 350? ... and did you have to prop the door or could you maintane the temp with the door closed.

That looks very good :-D

I'd jump on that, looks really good:clap2: Me too on the temp and time.

Haven't done a brisket on my WSM. Yours is an inspiration.

Would appreciate answers to above questions.

Nice.... So what temp did you cook at 300 > 350? ... and did you have to prop the door or could you maintane the temp with the door closed.

That looks very good :-D

Yep, it does look very good, and in MY experience, NO, I can't get those temps consistantly over 300 unless I prop open the door. I guess I could if I went back to lump, though.

Fine looking brisket. Make for some good sammies for lunch tomorrow. :thumb:

That looks awesome!

I've yet to try a brisket on my UDS... I need to change that. Soon. :thumb:

If it tasted as good as it looks, you ate well.:biggrin::thumb::cool:

So how much time total?

2.5 hours unwrapped, 2 hours and change wrapped...about half an hour rest before slicing.

Nice.... So what temp did you cook at 300 > 350? ... and did you have to prop the door or could you maintain the temp with the door closed.

Yes, placed the door upside down and propped it with the coal starter and a stick. Temps fluctuate between 350° and 400°.

Thanks to everyone else for the kind words, it was great!

I just had an afternoon Burnt Ends snack, sweet and spicy!

Come to think of it, I forgot to mention that the water pan has been filled with sand and then wrapped in foil for cleanup...

hands down the best brisket I have seen in a photo on here in a year! Hands ****ing down.

We are all sorry assed turds man. Great Job!Thats like biting into Mindy Vega or Eva Mendes' floppy crunchy parts after her soaking in a hot tub and getting all swollen down there for a couple of hours. I hope I am getting my point across.

hands down the best brisket I have seen in a photo on here in a year! Hands ****ing down.

We are all sorry assed turds man. Great Job!Thats like biting into Mindy Vega or Eva Mendes' floppy crunchy parts after her soaking in a hot tub and getting all swollen down there for a couple of hours. I hope I am getting my point across.
:icon_blush:

Forgive my ignorance, I had to google Mindy, Eva I knew about.

Thanks for the compliment...and for Mindy! :thumb:

Attachments

• M_Vega.jpg
    M_Vega.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 52
Dang, 350-400 isn't hi heat. That's #$$% hi heat. Looks good, though.

:icon_blush:

Forgive my ignorance, I had to google Mindy, Eva I knew about.

Thanks for the compliment...and for Mindy! :thumb:

What an incentive to run out and do a brisket! :becky:

Back