View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 12:26 AM   #61
Phrasty
Babbling Farker

Talk about "Junk in the trunk" with this bad girl... Got the majority of the fire box welded up today out of 1/4" steel. That farker is heavy! The actual dimensions are 22"W x 19"H x 19"D which is a bit small if you go by the "thirds" rule. But damn it looks bigger than I thought it would. With the size of the exhaust I am not so worried about the "undersized" firebox. What I would like the bredrin opinion on is wether I should have one big (heavy) door hinged on the right OR should I make double doors that meet in the center and are (obviously) hinged on either side??? Please chime in guys. I think I'm leading towards the double door. Another decision I would like help with is: for the firebox air intakes... should I put the holes on either side or just have them along the lower section of the door? ORRRRRRR just have them on one side of the firebox??? I just don't know man!!! Gonna have either square or circle holes with a sliding choke. (want to sort this chit out tomorrow... I'll be thinking about it.

Well here are the pics of todays work.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen-capture-299.jpg (49.8 KB, 1307 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-300.jpg (72.6 KB, 1313 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-302.jpg (57.1 KB, 1308 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-305.jpg (59.7 KB, 1313 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-303.jpg (56.6 KB, 1309 views)
File Type: jpg screen-capture-304.jpg (72.9 KB, 1318 views)
Phrasty is offline   Reply With Quote