View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
Brauma
somebody shut me the fark up.

Dude, you're over-analyzing this. There is no one perfect smoker. You need an arsenal. Buy either the Egg or the Primo - whichever is more convenient for you - right now. Meaning, location of the dealer, price, warranty, etc. Next year or maybe year after next, you'll need a smoker with more capacity. Thats when you'll look at a cabinet smoker such as a Spicewine or FE or a stickburner such as a Lang or Klose.

Point is, dive in and get cooking.

I love having a small stick burner (Bandera) because I love smoking meats with a true stick fire. I can really get into flavor profiles using different types of wood. But the Bandera lacks capacity. Thats my next goal: a bigger smoker. And seriously, I wont get tied up over a Lang or Spice. Once I alocate the $, I'll buy for convenience. Note: I heard that Spice has a dealer in MD now But if a Lang crossed my path before then I wouldnt hesitate.

I bought an Egg because I knew the dealer and I liked the warranty. Word of mouth recommendations mean a lot to me. Plus, the Egg seems to have lots more accesories both OEM and aftermarket.

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->