What's the best knife for clean cuts?

Chenernator

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What knives is everybody using to get their cleanest comp cut? Anyone using a cordless electric knife? If you've tried multiple knives let us know how each worked.

Brand loyalty will probably come up in some of the responses, but I would think that the one common denominator would be a SHARP knife. It doesn't matter what the name on the blade is if the thing isn't razor sharp.

Watching Pitmaster's, electric knives get used by some top teams.

I think it's more a preference than anything.

Dexter boning knife for ribs, 14" slicer for brisket.

SHARP - done at every contest even if I only used a knife to cut 12 slices of brisket.

Forged knife with a SHARP blade...

The brand is up to the user. I'd suggest going to a local store with several brand and seeing what you are comfortable with.

A good quality electric knife I find works best. Clean cuts every time!

Dexter boning knife for ribs, 14" slicer for brisket.

SHARP - done at every contest even if I only used a knife to cut 12 slices of brisket.

I use Dexter Knives too. What do you use to sharpen them?

For the types of cuts we're discussing, not only is sharp important, but also the thickness of the blade. You'll get a better cut from a thinner blade like a slicer or boning knife than you will from a chef's knife if the sharpness is equal. If you are manually slicing try to find a blade that's long enough that you can cut a slice in one pull.

Forged / stamped / machined blade makes no difference.

Sort of like asking what is the best sauce!!! everyone is going to have their opinion, generally based on what they are used to using. My all around go to knife is a Henkel santoku... I can see where the thinness of the blade on a boning knife might be beneficial though...
As said before, SHARP is the key...

Maybe the question should be which knife is easier to keep sharp or sharpen.
What brand of forged, stamped or machine? I pick Forschner, because it is what most fishing charter crew members SOCAL use to clean fish. They get them razor sharp during/after filleting hundreds of fish in a trip (commercial). I cater, so, a knife being able to withstand some abuse and hold or regain an edge is critical for me.

Maybe the question should be which knife is easier to keep sharp or sharpen.
What brand of forged, stamped or machine? I pick Forschner, because it is what most fishing charter crew members SOCAL use to clean fish. They get them razor sharp during/after filleting hundreds of fish in a trip (commercial). I cater, so, a knife being able to withstand some abuse and hold or regain an edge is critical for me.

Now that's wisdom!

I think dollar for dollar, a Zeldon Molecular Diffuser is the Knife of Choice. Makes a funny smell though as it separates the Molecules using high Prolareteurcon fission and you will need to be sure to bring some of those Hetron Preceptcar Packs in case the Breccamintar Trepectudructitar goes out in the middle of Boxing up. This tool of course as everyone knows glazes the slice as it cuts.

I think dollar for dollar, a Zeldon Molecular Diffuser is the Knife of Choice. Makes a funny smell though as it separates the Molecules using high Prolareteurcon fission and you will need to be sure to bring some of those Hetron Preceptcar Packs in case the Breccamintar Trepectudructitar goes out in the middle of Boxing up. This tool of course as everyone knows glazes the slice as it cuts.

So basically you are recommending a light saber.

Back