BBQ @ the Beach State Championship - Raystown, PA Sept. 17-19th"

Just an update, We are in the final stage of getting our venue approved and we have our KCBS app all ready to go which I'm told I can get our answer in as short as 10 days.

We are told our venue is going to be a go. The delay is with getting all the paperwork through the federal parks chain of command. All the large parts are a go we are just snagging on tiny things like getting the maintenance dept to wait until after the event to winterize our bathrooms which wouldn't be a big deal as we already planned for job johns but the restroom is where our water is coming from :eek: (that didn't sound good but you know what I mean :lol:) so just reassuring everyone we are still going to do this and we are doing this here.

Who here has ever gotten a speedy response from the govt? :rolleyes:

Thats great news!!!

"Who here has ever gotten a speedy response from the govt?"

The wheels of government turn very slow...

The only speedy response I got from the government was for them to reduce my va disability rate. To increase it, it's been nearly 2 years and counting.

I requested the website be up asap if at only with a basic format. As for the applications, our next meeting is 2/2 and our applications are on the agenda to put together. I am not sure I can release an application for a KCBS sanctioned event until we have the sanctioning approved but early word out from the rangers today is we could quite possibly have an answer as early as today at 1:30pm and I'm hearing it will be good news.

I will announce as soon as I hear anything. As I was told by Ms. Karen Walker at KCBS, we can have our answer on sanctioning within 10 days of their receiving our ap packet and of course $Bling.

If it hasn't been addressed, I wiould check into getting the "State Championship" desgination also rolling.. Or at least find out the steps necessary to make it go smooth.

Looks great, but I have a wedding that day. I guess I could always hope they change their minds.

Now that is a true BBQ attitude!

Ok, meeting tomorrow afternoon to draft our applications for both vendors and competitors. We hope to have a website online very soon where you can DL these in pdf format.

We are moving forward everyday as we await final words from the head ranger. We have also begun our quest for the proclamation to become PA's second Championship.

This will be a competition to remember!

Raystown Lake Comp...

This will be a great setting for your first event. Let me know if MABA can assist in any way.

Do you have your KCBS Reps yet?

Sal and I both sit on the Keystone Classic planning committee and as we go into our third year may be able to offer some tips to ensure a great event.

I have marked my calendar and will bring my judges apron with me! :icon_cool

PM sent.

Still working diligently on the whole thing. State reps are working with us to get this sanctioned!

GREAT NEWS! Rangers have finally approved us for the event and our KCBS packet has been submitted with no problems anticipated. I'm told our website will be up in days and as soon as we get the KCBS approval, our vending and competitor apps will be available to download!

We are currently making sure the grounds are going to be kept safe and secure from prying eyes as we prepare. Today, I have just ordered and should be arriving soon the second layer of 20" thick white camo on the entire event location. It is a strict government secret about what we are doing here with this BBQ event so we can't have any BBQ spy satellites lurking!:rolleyes:

well you can keep that second layer of white camo, 20 inches at a time is getting ridiculous

Looks like a great place. Another new contest within an easy drive. Have to see if we can attend :-D

It is a beautiful area. We are going to try to make this trip!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Just keeping this up on the radar, things are still moving along. Our website and applications are soon to be released!

As soon as they come online, I will make the announcement!

:icon_cool

Newest update : KCBS confirms they meet next wednesday and we should have our answer Thursday!

We are still working on all other parts of the organization and our next meeting is next week!

Just found out we got our sanctioning! KCBS has approved us and our web builder is at a training until Friday so next week looks to be the soonest to get the website and applications finished and loaded.

Anyone who would be interested in teaching a BBQ related class for beginners, please let me know. I would like to have at least 4 of these and I have interest from one team already.

I am working on this as I get time this week but I am recovering from an extreme ear infection and head cold. Here is what I got last week...

Our gray water dump area is at the opposite end of the comp area. The power is being inspected and it looks like it is more than ample for everyone's needs! (which means no noisy generators!

We also want everyone to know, we want you guys to come and bring your families! We are putting a bunch of kids events together and entertainment as well as other fun things for everyone. We want you guys to be able to enjoy yourself and relax (except for those last few hours).

Thanks for everyone's patience! You'll all be happy to know we have a brand new restroom facility directly next to "BBQ Town" the comp area!

0305001232.jpg

Back