• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Who would do your cooking class

Contracted Cookers

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Great grills. uncle bubs. plowboys. slabs for pork . smoke this bbq for their finish sauce. butchers for brisket. Rod cause damm he is good

I'd be the first person to sign up for a Great Grills or 4Men and a Pig class. There are a lot of people in BBQ that I have a lot of respect for, but those are two teams that are in my top bracket that I've looked up to for years.

I think I would like to take a class by Cool Smoke. Met Tuffy and he seems like he could teach just about anyone the Q, including me!

Last edited:
Would love to see Darren (Smokey D's) do a class.

Wouldn't he hire either of you?
Probably Rod, but not me. I think I may have offended him in Nevada. I asked him to sample one of my burnt ends. He was cool about it but commented that his wife should try the burnt end because eating it would make him puke. He was referring to being around comp BBQ too much. His wife obliged and was really helpful with her comments. That was the first time we included burnt ends in our box - and the first call for us in brisket, so I'm really grateful to Smokey D's!

In my jackhole way I thanked him for telling me my Q was so bad it would make him puke. I'm not sure he knew I was joking :icon_blush:

Either way, those folks have my eternal gratitude!

Nate, I wouldn't sweat it. Darren has a way with words himself and is able to take it too. You are going to the IBS Banquet right?

Nate he used the same comment about his own Q at the Spring Traning class last year. I dont think it had anything to do with you. Him and contest meat in general.

Yeah, I know - like I mentioned both he and his wife were great. The problem is that my comment may have come out sounding different than I intended - like I was accusing him or something. That has always been my problem. I am nowhere near as funny as I think I am. :roll::icon_cool

I would love to do Great Grills 2 invitational and 2 GAB invitationals. I have begged for years to get on that.

I would do plowboys, however money is super tight this year.

Probably Rod, but not me. I think I may have offended him in Nevada. I asked him to sample one of my burnt ends. He was cool about it but commented that his wife should try the burnt end because eating it would make him puke. He was referring to being around comp BBQ too much. His wife obliged and was really helpful with her comments. That was the first time we included burnt ends in our box - and the first call for us in brisket, so I'm really grateful to Smokey D's!

In my jackhole way I thanked him for telling me my Q was so bad it would make him puke. I'm not sure he knew I was joking :icon_blush:

Either way, those folks have my eternal gratitude!
LOL. Said the exact same thing to me at Nevada. I can't fault him. Who wants to eat their own stuff let alone someone else's come the end of August.

LOL. Said the exact same thing to me at Nevada. I can't fault him. Who wants to eat their own stuff let alone someone else's come the end of August.

Yeah, but Rod, your brisket really sucked! :wink:

See, that's my idea of funny. This is why I have so few friends:roll::cool:

Back to the thread. I'm looking forward to Mike Davis's class because he cooks on an off-set and I'd like to get his ideas about fire management.

Last edited:
The chef guy on the Muppets that is always chasing the chickens.

Back