Mini WSM Lid Question

That is to loose take a pair of pliers and a rag put the rag over the lip and Squeeze it with the pliers until the lid fits snugly, all you need is light pressure.

both of mine fit perfectly. but many have posted that the pot lip was a bit large. so most just squeaze the lip a bit till the lid fits as mentioned. but first, do make sure that both are near perfectly round.

Better it be too loose than too tight.

When the cooker gets hot the metal will swell and things will be tighter.

From that video, it almost looks like the lid is too small, rather than too big. :twitch:

Build up of gunk would also help. Components always feel loose fitting when they're new.

The lid is too small / the pot is too large. The lid does not fit over the top lip of the pot. It just kind of sits on the top. I can't force it down on all sides at the same time.

Then your recourse is to try and crimp the rim of the tamale pot or bend out the lip of the lid.

FYI - I have found that the Vasconia pot accepts the Weber lid perfectly.

The lid is too small / the pot is too large. The lid does not fit over the top lip of the pot. It just kind of sits on the top. I can't force it down on all sides at the same time.
SEE POST #2 I had the same issue and that is how I corrected it

FYI - I have found that the Vasconia pot accepts the Weber lid perfectly.

I am well aware of this. I was planning on using the Vasconia. Last week the Vasconia pots were out of stock at Amazon with an expected stocking date of June. Right now they are in stock :evil: - this really pisses me off.

I searched all the Latin markets I could find and the IMUSA was the best I could come up with. Oh well, I'll make it work.

SEE POST #2 I had the same issue and that is how I corrected it

Ooops, I misread your post earlier this afternoon. Ima gonna go try your suggestion right now.

Back