Down goes 305Q ((knockout))

I have a very similar story. I just bought my WSM 18.5. Have done 4 cooks on it of ribs/chicken/butt. My wife loved the ribs, thought the chicken was pretty good, but when she had the pulled pork, she decided that eating animal flesh was not her thing... She has now decided to go vegetarian. Oh well, I guess more meat for me. No way I'm giving up my WSM though. This has already become an addicting hobby for me.

I personally have enjoyed BBQ my whoe life. My grandfather is excellent on his stick burner. I have a pretty good pallate when it comes to food ;)

The smoke was "invisible", I used 2 1/4 aplle wood chunks with about a half ring of coal and used the minion style. I used meatheads "memphis dust" rub ***maybe thats what did it*** on the ribs and spritzed every hour. The legs were marinated in lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.

pegged 225 and maintained for the duration of the cook. a little under 3 hours for the legs, close to 4 ((weeeeeee bit over)) for the baby backs.

My taste buds thought it tasted good. There is a place down here...well in Fort Lauderdale called Tom Jenkins and mine were as juicy, tender and tug off the bone as theirs. Flavor profile was different. Wife doesnt like their ribs either. Nor does she like Shorty's ((a bbq chain that is horendous)).

Even when my firend coal grills burgers she says they are smokey and seems to have brainwashed the kiddlets into tasting the same way she does.

I love her none the less.

Maybe your wife isn't to fond of ribs in general? My wife hates it when I cook ribs every weekend for an entire month :icon_blush:

Try some different foods without the smoke. Who wouldn't like ABT's, MOINKS, or Pig Shots? Try a pork butt and make a Cuban sammich like I do to please my wife and I get to cook on the WSM.

Shortys does stink.

Cook up a pork butt fo her. Wrap tightly in foil when it hits 160 degrees. Continue cooking until its pull apart tender and add back ALL of the liquid from the foil wfter the meat has been pulled. Feed her a sandwich made with that and I will be SHOCKED if she doesn't love it.

yes 420 was a typo. The add and listing has been corrected and updated. I am trying to sell it at 10% off what I paid for it.

I have a very similar story. I just bought my WSM 18.5. Have done 4 cooks on it of ribs/chicken/butt. My wife loved the ribs, thought the chicken was pretty good, but when she had the pulled pork, she decided that eating animal flesh was not her thing... She has now decided to go vegetarian. Oh well, I guess more meat for me. No way I'm giving up my WSM though. This has already become an addicting hobby for me.
Your BBQ drove your wife to abandon meat forever? You turned her to vegetarianism with one batch or pulled pork? Your mojo is mighty, but, poorly directed sir. :wacko:

You had zero idea your family didn't like smoked meat?? I say keep it for you. They will come around. I find it hard to believe that there isn't a single thing you could smoke on there that they wouldn't eat.

yes 420 was a typo. The add and listing has been corrected and updated. I am trying to sell it at 10% off what I paid for it.

I would be strongly tempted to put the price back up to $420, keep the ad up until it sells and keep using it in the meantime. After a couple of years you can honestly tell your wife "Well, I tried".

I would be strongly tempted to put the price back up to $420, keep the ad up until it sells and keep using it in the meantime. After a couple of years you can honestly tell your wife "Well, I tried".

I've purchased several toys this year using this line now. I think she's onto me though.

Back