Frontier Lump at Sam's Club

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Just a heads up. I went to Sam's Club in Peoria, IL and bought a 40# bag of Frontier Lump for $13 or $14. As I was leaving, an employee told me that if I liked it, I better stock up as Sam's is discontinuing carrying it. I don't know if it is seasonal, store only, or system wide.

Our Sams around these parts if you see it one day buy it because next time you come back it probably wont be there. The job lot lots of seasonal items..... When its gone its gone. Lemme know how you like it!

It's a good price and pretty dense, but there's a lot of small pieces mixed in, moreso than with B&B oak like Academy Sports sells.

You can't count on Sam's to keep carrying anything. Last time there they didn't even have any bologna rolls. I asked, and the dude said they weren't carrying them anymore. I guess they've never had bbq-ed bologna.

first bag i bought i loved it, the 2nd bag I bought, garbage. Ill try it one more time and see what I get.

I've bought several bags of Frontier, I like the size of the chunks. I better get back to Sam's and pick up a few bags. Thanks for the heads up.

Our Sam's here is seasonal with the lump. But during spring and summer they always have 40lb bags of some kind of lump and in the winter its usually just the regular 2 pack kingsford.

Picked up one of these lump bags from Sam's the other week. Frontier is not the most desirable lump to me but, it's one of the only choices I have most times. It's sort of the "any port in a storm" issue. Personally, I've found the chunks to be very uneven in size with quite a bit of shake but, it does burn pretty even, hot but, even.

Yeah, my Sam's has that too. I've been stocked for a while on K. Menard's had 44 lbs (dbl 22 lb bags) for like $10, and I loaded the truck.
I tried Frontier lump once about a year ago, and.......eh--so so. Isn't it made by Cowboy? No?

I don't think our Sam's is that cheap, though. I think they were more like $20.

Let us know what you think.

No luck @ my local sam's club. All I've seen this year is the Blue Kingsford.

One of my Wal-Mart did have Royal Oak Lump though ($5 for 10lbs).

New Member - first post. I also found the Frontier to have lots of "bits & pieces" and it bothered me that too much fell through the grate. I have since solved that issue with putting down one layer of charcoal before I dump the lump on. Didn't seem to change the taste and kinda evened out the spikes on my WSM. Got 2 bags in reserve.

Man this brings me back to my Costco vs Sams thread, I've never seen lump at my Costco, only K. :doh:

If you have an Ace Hardware around they Carry K, Frontier and Cowboy and ship free to the store!

Back