customized paint jobs

J

jiffyjeff84

I just recently picked up a gently used aussie traveler bbq and want to repaint the grill hood. I want to go for a custom single shade of high gloss key lime green or just high gloss lime. the pit and stand will remain black.
I've been to the big box home improvement retailers and have returned home empty handed.

From what i know i need a high heat resistant metal enamel paint. Now I know that the trad. colors are black, red, silver so its easy to find those paints but what about other colors? I got this custom color idea from a grill sold at Target that was high gloss lime color. Can anyone guide me towards a supplier that i can special order my desired spray paint????

Summer is closing fast please help

Check out the high temp paint from DupliColor, DE1641 Grabber Green (lime) Google DE1641
Withstands heat to 500 degrees

thanx for the info fretbender. some other questions i have bbq brethren, are as follows.

How can i strip the existing paint off the grill hood? Is there a chemical paint stripper???

i need to re-rivet the hinges on the pit and hood. What tools and riveting supplies do i need? Where can i get them at too? Home Depot or Lowes maybe???

it seems like 3/16 is the measurments for the holes (based from measuring various holes surounding the riveted hinges on the pit.

try your local auto parts house, they carry high temp header/exhaust paint. if i remember, some of it is up to 1200 degrees

Back