Big Brisket on the UDS!

pitbossJB

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I just put a brisket on today @ 11:30 and it's a big ole mother at almost 18 pounds. I thought I would try a slather of coarse mustard cut with dill pickle juice and kosher salt with fresh ground pepper. It's been on for an hour and a half and is now running @ 350*. I'm using Mesquite Lump with Pecan smoke wood. I'll keep you posted.
Meat.jpg
trimmed & rubbed.jpg
cruising.jpg
Big Meat!.jpg

Wow 350* how long u estimating for that to be done? I usually run 275 but never 350 how much of a difference does the hot fast method effect the overall quality?

I decided to go real hot'n fast because it's a select. I guess we'll see how it goes. I wrapped it in paper at 4.5 hrs. The point is nice and tender, just waiting on the flat. Also I had some garlic on the grill too for the mashed potatoes. I mistakenly said potato salad earlier.
paper wrap.jpg

Coarse mustard cut with pickle juice? Sounds awesome. Curious to see how you like it.

Looks nice. Wish I could taste it!

Now, I have to ask, where did you. Get that place your brisket was on? I've been looking for some like that for serving New Mexican food. Looks like the plate part separates so you could stick stuff under the broiler, true?

Dr. Trout Bum,

Yes they do separate for broiler use and I do use them to make stacked enchiladas. I only have two that were given to me by a friend years ago. He told me that he had gotten them from a steakhouse, that's all I know. They are really good for Enchiladas but I wish they were square. Good luck finding some.

Jeff

Back