Dear bigabyte,
If 30 brethren were all to have a hand in a creating a ridiculous throwdown entry could the group be recorded as the entity entering the throwdown?
Hmmm...

I so love the idea, especially since I've been reading about the bash!:becky:

This could take from the intimacy of the Throwdowns though if we primarily get teams competing. I have to worry about that.

So here is what I am going to do for now. As long as a team entry is made at a Brethren Bash, then I will allow it. Otherwise, only individual entries will be accepted.

This could change in the future if it needs to.

So in short, you guys are all clear on this one!:becky::cool::thumb::clap2:

Can 30 Brethren actually cook one item at a Bash with any chance of success? Now that is the question. Now, where is my poolish?

I have updated the Throwdown Rules with this new rule:

12. The only time a team entry will be accepted is when the team entry is made by Brethren at a Brethren Bash, and the team name must also be submitted with the entry. Otherwise only individual entries will be accepted.

We will make every effort to ooh, ahhh, amuse and delight with our entry. Most likely it will be one for BBQ Disasters. Thanks for making this possible. The question is, will bread rise and bake at a smokey 230 degrees...

Here's my entry: Bacon Brownies

Pics detailing how they were made are here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94308

Mystery19.jpg

Mmmm...bacon chocolaty goodness on a plate! Good job, Chris. :thumb:

MMmmmmm, brownies and stout! I hope you poured the stout over the brownies, that's yummy!
:doh: I put the stout in there to try and keep from getting a zero, and I didn't think to POUR IT OVER the brownies! :doh: Zero here I come!:thumb:

Don't worry Chris, I think you'd get more votes having them separate, but do give them another shot with the stout poured over the top and tell us what you think! They're best with REALLY chocolaty brownies and something heavy like Guinness.

I just got to really thinking out the part where I am cooking a 9 foot long loaf of bread, or even three 3-foot long loaves and I am hitting some problems. I just now realized what I agreed to do, and how farking difficult this is going to be to pull off.

I just got to really thinking out the part where I am cooking a 9 foot long loaf of bread, or even three 3-foot long loaves and I am hitting some problems. I just now realized what I agreed to do, and how farking difficult this is going to be to pull off.

Bob, Do you want me to pick up 20 packages of Pillsbury Crescent rolls? We could go for the longest pigs in a blanket in recent brethren history...

I think you guys should make it into a circle (about 32-1/8 inches in diameter), thereby making it the worlds largest never-ending sausage sandwich; larger than every never-ending sausage sandwich that came before it!

Back