View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #24
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

What about judges? I take Tylenol, soap, a clean t-shirt, and a clamp on umbrella. I have judged comps where, due to some screw up by somebody, there was no place to wash your hands and you had to use hand sanitizer. Getting a headache in 100+ degree weather sucks and, I need a clean shirt because I always end up getting chicken or ribs on my shirt.

The bolt on umbrella comes in when your seat is in the sun, which I have experienced. Plus, it comes in handy if it starts to rain.

Also, get to the comp early and scope out the seating. Find out where the air flow is based upon where the fans are located and grab a seat in the middle of the table that gets the best air flow. Middle seats are always either the 3rd or 4th pick from the turn in box.

Don't put your fingers that you have been licking all over the entries that you are not eating when picking out a piece of meat from the box. Don't take up so much room at the judging table that the ones sitting beside you are cramped. Be considerate of the other judges.

When judging, consider the fact that the team that cooked that meat toiled over it and put a lot of time, money, work and care into it. Take it seriously. You are not there merely to eat good BBQ.

Thanks from: --->