• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New living in GA

jbounds286

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey guys im new here. I have decided that this summer I will be going to buy a lang 36 hybrid so that I can make my own bbq brisket since people in Georgia have no idea how to do it correctly. All these restaurants have some strange looking brisket lol. So I am setting out to do it myself! I am originally from Fort Worth, TX so I know what brisket is supposed to be like lol. Looking around the forums to see if I can find some good ideas and know how. Thanks for having me

Welocme from north Florida. You will quickly find there are quite a lot of folks here from GA and the SE that can knock out some pretty tasty brisket. Glad to have you join the party.

well im speaking restaurants....and im actually including Georgia and Mississippi ....these places are freaking WACK when its comes to bbq lol...there is this place...Jacks Old South in my neighborhood...they dot even have brisket....

Welcome to the brethren!:thumb: Everybody has a different idea of what's good. Some people like coffee, others tea (just don't tell RonL I said that). Enjoy the sight and be sure and have fun. You're sure to learn a lot here.

Welcome to the madness, enjoy your stay!

And you'll love the Lang :heh:

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome aboard jbounds286, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

Don't be afraid to look around and explore the other forums.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing you turn out some good ol' Texas Q on that Lang this summer!

Back