Double Smoked Ham is on ..

I have gotta try this one. I looks awesome. Where did you find the butter pecan and rum extracts? I am not familiar with them.

Smokin Gator said:
I have gotta try this one. I looks awesome. Where did you find the butter pecan and rum extracts? I am not familiar with them.
Watkins seems to be the only 'true' extract. One other outfit I searched had syrup or flavoring (less intense). Watkins is a small ~2 oz bottle. That is the taste that really comes through with each slice end-to-end.

Both of those hams looked real good to me. I think that the final product needs to look good in order to taste good. It's like getting a good first impression.

A buddy of mine worked for Honey Baked Ham Co many moons ago during the holiday rush. He told me that if you want a good glaze on your ham, you need to use a torch, that is how they did it.

.... Hmmm .... the decision looms close ?? All the best ... and regards to our leader ... Dr BBQ . It's sometimes hard to really know how tough it is to be the trailblazer.

Sorry, but it's almost New Year's and I get sentimental .....

Good looking stuff guy's. I got two 12 pounder shank portion hams to do that with!

Grumpy's Q said:
Good looking stuff guy's. I got two 12 pounder shank portion hams to do that with!

... just post the secret to 'protecting' that large and tasty open side and we're in business! Maybe some foil halfway thru ?

Best!

Back