New from Charlotte, NC area

OxInYourBox

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Indian Land, SC technically but I'm a mile from the border.

New guy here-came across the forum while searching around for info on a GOSM charcoal I inherited from the in laws while cleaning house. Barely used by them (poor design with the charcoal tray) but with some work it should be smoking well for me.

It joins a Weber kettle where I mostly smoke stuffed jalapenos and occasionally burgers/chicken when the wife isn't impatient and ribs when I have time (smokenator added in as well). Also have a gas grill for her to cook on during the week when I'm working late.

Looking forward to checking out the site and threads. Always enjoy seeing what folks build/modify with regards to grills.

Ox aka Will

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome neighbor, Im on the other side of the county

Greetings and welcome to the forum! Great to have you on here!

Thanks everyone!

Lots of information on the site-just wish I had the time but this being a traveling week sucks.

Thanks everyone-before work became 120 hours in 10 days including traveling back and forth across the US I was spending some good time in KCquer's roadmap thread-lots of great info there and in the members here.

Finally got the smoker home-looks like I may be need a couple racks but an easy fix. Worse thing about it was the old temp probe was pretty much fubar (replaced it in the pics-I'll also use my polder remote temp probe) and normal dust/cobwebs from being in storage with a non fitting cover. All in all not bad "trading" for swapping out 3 bathroom light fixtures.

I have a couple weber charcoal trays and vegetable tray-going to use those as a charcoal basket to start along with cleaning it out some and then loading up a chimney and seeing how she does temp wise. May throw some jalapenos in just to have something cooking-don't mind if I cook those too much.

Pardon the garage mess-part of my honey do list for my week off this week-funny how I never get to it. :)

Back