New to the Q (first post!)

globetrotter

Reaction score
I did a bunch of smokes over the winter in a miserable old square red Sears kettle grill, to include a 23 hour brisket that was wonderful.

Then for Fathers day I picked up a 22.5 OTG and wouldn't ya know the neighbor lady "gave" me a char broil h20 deluxe a couple days ago. I read up on the mods for the char broil and have a new charcoal rack, thermometer and water pan (it was missing) and stove rope kit on the way.

Oh yeah, I also have some cast iron grates for the OTG on the way.

I think I'm hooked on this Q stuff.

:) GT

Welcome aboard and don't forget the primary rule, and greatest show of sensitivity to the good folks on this forum... Post Pictures!!!!!! :-D

Welcome! Before you know it, your backyard will be full of different grills and smokers just like the rest of us! Now you need to build a UDS.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Here are a couple of photos of my rookie collection and a totally awesome photo of my spatula serving up Wolverine Burgers!

Attachments

• Q-arsenal.jpg
    Q-arsenal.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Char-Broil-new.jpg
    Char-Broil-new.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 126
  • GoBlueburgers.jpg
    GoBlueburgers.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 128
Next you will start to customize your cookers then build your first what ever you do there's help here

Welcome friend...Some good folks here that I have found in my very short tenure too. Enjoy the smoke!

very nice setup!!

I am going to have to get one of those spatulas

I sent 2 kids to UM so I might as well get burned by their spatula too LOL

Welcome! Like the blue Kettle, and that free char broil should turn out some good Q as well once you learn it. I remember seeing those old square grills in backyards as a kid... now they sell em at Home Dee-pot and call em "Aussie Walkabout" grills, prolly to make it sound fancy lol.

Welcome from Kansas remember when you will talk the talk around your friend they will look at you strange just tell them they won't understand anyway look forward to the pics of your build when you get there as we all did

Back