Ronelle's Pron-filled Fatty Tutorial...

Gheesh Ron, if you're going to show a tutorial, you really shouldn't leave out these steps. Now I've got to open those fatties up and take those shells off the shrimp. Is there anything else you'd like to add? :tsk:

Did you suck out the heads?

Luvs me a nekkid fatty too!

I like using leftover sausage after stuffing. :thumb:

Gheesh Ron, if you're going to show a tutorial, you really shouldn't leave out these steps. Now I've got to open those fatties up and take those shells off the shrimp. Is there anything else you'd like to add? :tsk:

Gonna be tuff to do if you ground up the shrimp :doh:

I am a firm believer of the naked fatty!! it takes too much effort to stuff and enrobe in cured meat. I try to follow the K.I.S.S. method as much as possible

As a huge advocate for a naked fatty, that is a fine version. And the tutorial is so clear and precise. Wonderful work, oh King of the Naked Fattys

This is great info. I also thought they had to be stuffed and enrobed:doh:. I guess a naked fatty will be on the menu in the near future. Thanks!

NEKKID

FATTIES

ROCK!

When I DO stuff, I like to do it with cream cheese, sauted mushrooms, garlic and red peppers, but I VERY MUCH PREFER them nekkid.

Thanks Ron! :clap:

Just joined and this is the first I have heard of the fatty! Definitely on the to do list!

We have had a lot of interest lately in fatties (a good thing) and want to bring this thread back to life for some of our newer members.

I started cooking fatties before all the stuffed and wrapped variations came along.
When they became popular, I tried many versions of them but have gone back to naked fatties for the most part.
I probably cooked 15-20 breakfast fatties (my favorites) and could never get them correct to the point that they were worth the effort, at least to me.
The potatoes would be over or under cooked. I like some "crisp" to my potatoes and could never get it. The correct ratio of eggs, taters, onions, etc was elusive and I never found it.
Determined that I was better off just cooking naked ones and putting slices on my plate or adding them to eggs, hash browns, etc. with the amount of other stuff I wanted for breakfast.

Also, I always cook a few extra and freeze them as naked fatties. They become slices to re-heat to go on the breakfast plate, into biscuits, or into some of the World's best Sausage Gravy :grin:
Never could do that with the stuffed/wrapped ones.

I still do the fancy ones around the holidays when I want to "impress" family members and I am sure they will all be eaten :grin:

To me, reverting to Naked Fatties was just a "practical" matter, not any dis-like for the fancy ones.

:grin: And, they make great (and economical) presents, bribes, or rewards :grin:

Just my thoughts as folks start down the trail on the great fatty adventure.

TIM

I agree. All other fatties are "single purpose". Cooking up naked fatties are delicious, and much more versatile. Cook up a bunch of them and enjoy the leftovers in many different ways.:thumb:

Blah Blah Blah Blah...:twisted:

Naked fatties are ok but that sausage is a blank tasty canvas asking to be stuffed with sweet treats like a blueberry muffin mix, apples, peaches or go to savory and stuff it with items like another sausage, onions, mushrooms, cheese, pepperoni, peppers, and more meat. The ingredient combination is endless and exactly why I love them fatties!

Blah Blah Blah Blah...:twisted:

Naked fatties are ok but that sausage is a blank tasty canvas asking to be stuffed with sweet treats like a blueberry muffin mix, apples, peaches or go to savory and stuff it with items like another sausage, onions, mushrooms, cheese, pepperoni, peppers, and more meat. The ingredient combination is endless and exactly why I love them fatties!

Exactly why I do the fancy versions when the occasion calls for it. :grin:

TIM

Back