My First Pair of Fatties w/ PICS

T

tjl1962

Hello out there in BBQ Land,

After reading all about fatties and how good they are, I made my first pair for my annual Fourth of July party. Yes, kind of risky to try this for the first time for a party, but what the heck, live dangerously or stay in bed.

I made two, one mild and one with a little heat. I started with Jonestown Brand sausage, because that's what is available at the local stupid market.

Fatty%20A01.jpg

From there, I grilled two batches of Peppers and Onions. One with Jalepenos and one without.

Fatty%20A02.jpg

I rolled out the first Fatty and added Cheddar cheese, the grilled Peppers & Onions, and then sprinkled on some shredded cheddar. I rolled and stored it in the fridge.

Fatty%20A03.jpg

Fatty%20A04.jpg

Fatty%20A05.jpg

The second one was stuffed with PepperJack Cheese, Jalepenos, Peppers and Onions; Rolled and stored in the fridge. Once the grill was ready, they made the trip to the backyard.

Fatty%20A06.jpg

Fatty%20A07.jpg

Now the final photo...

Fatty%20A08.jpg

This is just before my nephew devoured them. I'm sorry that I don't have any pics of them on the grill, but I was busy getting everything ready for the party.

Hope you enjoyed, because everyone that tasted them loved them.

I tip my hat to the Brethren for providing me the information needed to prepare the Fatties. This is the best BBQ site on the Web, hands down.

Looks very good, thats giving me confidence to try to make a few...

Thanks

Hey Brethren,
Thanks for taking a look at the fatties, and all of the kind words.:-D

Half the fun of Fatties is making them and the other half is eating them. I made another two this past weekend, and one mild and one Hot. The sausage roll already comes spiced. The hot one used the same stuffing as these, with more jalepenos added for good measure. I found that the hot fatty wasn't all that hot; just enough heat to tell if your taste buds are alive.

If your nervous about making a fatty don't be:wink:; it's so easy and they turn out great.

-TJ

now you can get to work thinking of which fatty you want to do next!

good job

Tuck

looks great! Congrats on your first fattie....get a real beer and your good to go:cool:

TJ...You are a quick learner....
You made more than 1 Fatty
You took pictures
You posted Pron
You know the alure of a Fatty

Now remember this...it is an addiction and there is no 12 step program

Great looking fatties. I will be attempting to smoke a couple of fatties when I go camping at Bristol for the race. I will also be smoking some Boston Butts, but I have that down.
I have some questions.
What internal temp did you cook them to before you pulled them off.
Second, I see "pron" on here and I don't know what that is. I know it has to be something simple, but I am still very new here.

Internal temp = 165*
Pron = pictures of...food
think of another word that begins with P and ends with N with the middle letters flipped around...yeah, it's a play off of that word....but don't use it:icon_shy...it will block some of these other farkers if they have sensitive filters:shock:

Now get over to the Cattle Call and introduce yourself if you haven't already

Great looking fatties. I will be attempting to smoke a couple of fatties when I go camping at Bristol for the race. I will also be smoking some Boston Butts, but I have that down.
I have some questions.
What internal temp did you cook them to before you pulled them off.
Second, I see "pron" on here and I don't know what that is. I know it has to be something simple, but I am still very new here.

When I made and ate my first fatties, I told my wife to find the best cardiologist in the area, and go ahead and set up a consultation.

I made 2 standard sized 2lb fatties for a get together this weekend. We had 4 people plus me, my wife and daughter. They lasted about 20 - 30 minutes after slicing. The sad thing is they weren't even the main course, I cooked a chicken and 2 racks of spare ribs. I hate not having fatties for breakfast biscuits, gotta start putting half of one up right away.

Great job, now the fun starts. Experiment, and enjoy. Fatties are like lays, you cannot stop at just one.

Back