What's your going price for Ribs?

Tinybud

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Just checked on updated prices at our local sam's club, and I couldn't believe the price on the ribs,, case prices are 4.74 a pound on spares and 3.39/ lb on loin back,,,, What are some of you others folks paying for ribs?
(Correction, Sam's Club screwed up), new employee miss informed us of the current case price, spares actually 1.80/ lb...

Last edited:
Just checked case price on spares at my Sam's last night:

$1.80 per pound.

I have not bought a case in ages because I get them in 2 rack cryovac packs for $1.99/lb when not on sale and as low as $1.09/lb at times to $1.39/lb when on sale for the Farmer John Brand spare ribs.

Spares are $1.89 case price at my supplier and Babby backs are $3.89 pork butt's are now to $1.47 last year at this time they were .99.

Inflation is kicking the crap out of food prices. I expect things to keep heading north. :cry:

Wow, i am DEFINETLY not complaining to my meat guy....
Ribs are $1.49lb...and he delivers!! (case price)

I'm going today. Ribs are $1.79/lb for a 2 or 3 rack cryo. Costco(like sam's) was $2.29/lb for a 2 pack cryo last week.

I got meetings setup with a couple different suppliers,, our local sam's club is way off the charts compared to everyone else. Absolutely no reasons spares should be 4.74/ lb case price,, that's ridiculous.

i just picked up a case of spares this week at Sams..1.68 a pound ..western burbs of Chicago

Hey Tiny,

Spares down in the Sam's Club in Easton, PA was only $1.67 per pound and that was the case price. That number was as of 1 week ago, I have not checked this week yet. If they went above 2.25 since then I am going to look somewhere else.

BJ's Rochester NY Spares 1.50 case 1.99 2-3 pack, Baby back 2.99 3 pack, butts 1.30 case 1.59 2 pack as of last sunday

Spares at a local chain are $1.77 per pound this weekend.
I usually see them at $1.99 per pound where I shop.

A slab of spares are $1.69 at a local store and there baby backs are $2.99.

Just went back to Sam's,, its not excatly just down the street,, out closest one is 21 miles away,,, but wanted to speak to the manager, When I talked to him about it, we went back to the meat department, and the manage in the meat department, said it was all a mistake by a new employee, Had the spares mismarked in the case, and when we stopped to get prices the other day, the new employee gave us the prices,, They were quick to apologize for the mistake,, the actually price is 1.80/ lb for spares. I told them they had best check their records to see if anyone bought the spares at the wrong price, well over twice the going price..lol.. Still going to look for a different supplier,, not the first problem I've had with sam's.

Back