• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

keeping food hot

sunrise

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
At an inspection yesterday at the farmers market we do, I was hit on using a Cambro to keep my cooked food hot after cooking waiting to put in the trays to serve. The EHD inspector said the Cambro was only for transporting and not to be used for what I was. I keep racks of ribs, tri tip & some pulled pork in it. Problem is what do I use not to keep the food hot, while waiting, and not have it keep cooking? Any sugustions as to what to do or use?
Thanks for the ideas on the grilled bologna sandwichs, unfortunatly out hre they didnt go, the folks in California, arent used to that type of fine eating....

You have a non-heated Cambro, right? There are heated food warmers, that are really meant to be holding cabinets, they have the thermometer, thermostat etc...needed to hold food safely. Although, someone was having a bad day, I have never heard a Cambro was not acceptable for a farmer's market out here.

And I love grilled bologna sandwiches, although, I am told I will die if I keep eating them.

You have a non-heated Cambro, right? There are heated food warmers, that are really meant to be holding cabinets, they have the thermometer, thermostat etc...needed to hold food safely. Although, someone was having a bad day, I have never heard a Cambro was not acceptable for a farmer's market out here.
Yeah, if it's keeping the food at an acceptable - read legal - temperature, what's the violation? I agree with the "bad day." :mmph:

Contact Cambro and have the official paperwork on hand for the holding spec Cambro list. OR have him spend a few hours monitoring the Cambro of yours with a remote thermo. One probe in the product and the other in the unit itself just as if you were smoking.

I did a test run this way using the ETI BlueTherm Duo and iPad in mine.

Get your hands on a used Cres-Cor holding cabinet and use your Cambro in conjunction with it.

Back