• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beer Poll

How often have you enjoyed or purchased a home brew, imported beer or microbrew?

• Never

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • Within the last month

Votes: 124 79.5%
  • Within the last six months

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Within the last twelve months

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

I need some data on beer consumption/enjoyment by BBQ enthusiasts (especially competitors).

I would really appreciate your participation!

Thanks,

Eric

Since beer costs come out of our competition bank account, we would rather drink Natty Light and cook two comps instead of cook one comp with the high end coldies. :)

Plus Natty Light pairs well with almost any BBQ comp snack! We definitely don't skimp on the whiskey quality tho!

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Step son brew here when home to visit., (he is 24)
I like the amber ales or reds.
Rick

It's been a LONG LONG LONG time since I've had one of the standard bland domestic
advertised to dickens beers, and then it was probably free at a party... While I'm
known to have a different beer in the fridge every week (I like variety/change), my
go to beer seems to be Newcastle Brown Ale since Michelob dropped their Classic
Dark years ago... I guess I was the only person buying it on a regular basis.
Currently in the fridge are Guinness Draft and Fosters. We're heading out taking the
kids to mexican tonight, so I'm sure I'll have 2 or 3 XX's. I think the last domestic
I had was 4th of July when I ran out of Sam Adams and had to borrow a few Bud's.
Otherwise if I'm drinking domestic it's usually Killians Red or Michelob Amber Boch.

Not only do I enjoy craft and microbrews, I put the one I consume the most of at comps (Dale's Pale Ale) in my team logo :-D

I'm with Whiskey Bent on this one. Beer comes out of my BBQ budget, so I just drink their Natty Lights.

NaturalLightLogo.jpg

That said, I'd love to be able to sip on some Harpoon all weekend long.

Traquair Jacobite and Innis & Gunn have become two of my recent favorites.
But at $4-$5 a bottle it is hard to keep it stocked.

The only comps I've been able to go to as of late are also brewfests sponsored by microbrewers and lets just say they are very generous with their samples to the rib guys. :becky:

i'm a homebrewer for the past three years and a craft beer advocate since the mid-90's. me and a buddy started the "hoppy homebrewers of south mississippi" fourteen months ago and we've grown to 22 members.

i like all styles of beer with my least favorites being hefeweizens. my favorite styles are ipa's, double ipa's, sours and russian imperial stouts (in the winter).

Back