Pellet grill/smoker poll

Have you owned one in the past, own one now, or plan to own one in the future?

• Own one in past but no longer do

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Own one now

Votes: 107 57.5%
  • Plan to own one in the future

Votes: 32 17.2%
  • Do not plan to ever own one

Votes: 36 19.4%

• Total voters
Yep!

I currently own two...a RecTec 680, and a PitBoss Copperhead 5.

I also own an Old Country Vertical Smokehouse stick burner and a Old Country Over/Under stick burner.

I love my stick burners, but the pellet smokers are so much more easy in my busy day to smoke/cook things.

So I have no animosity towards stick burners or pellet smokers. I don't consider a pellet smoker cheating. I just don't have time to tend a fire most times.

I own one now. May buy another one in the future. I’m very curious what Stumps Smokers, LLC is going to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't plan on ever owning one but you never know, I may change my mind at some point.

Don't have one now but plan on one in the future. Leaning towards the Grilla Silverback.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I own a Pellet Grill, my PB Austin XL has be very reliable and puts out some fantastic BBQ... The most bang for your buck grill You can buy.. I have no complaints.

PB Austin XL in SoCal and Always... Semper Fi

I have a feeling this poll will mostly attract people who have poopers so the results may be skewed.

I own one and cannot imagine being without! Ease and results make it my most used cooker :)

I voted I don't plan to own one. I might one day but right now I don't have any plans to own one.

I owned a WSM and kettle at the time. First pellet pooper I bought was an impulse buy. It had little temp control if at all. Sold it a month later and bought another. It had great temp control, but little to no smoke flavor produced, so I sold it after a year. Finally did my research and found that the problem wasn't pellet smokers in general, just particular pellet smokers.
I finally zeroed in on a MAK and bought it. I love it...control and smoke flavor. I may add a Yoder in the future as well.

I owned a WSM and kettle at the time. First pellet pooper I bought was an impulse buy. It had little temp control if at all. Sold it a month later and bought another. It had great temp control, but little to no smoke flavor produced, so I sold it after a year. Finally did my research and found that the problem wasn't pellet smokers in general, just particular pellet smokers.
I finally zeroed in on a MAK and bought it. I love it...control and smoke flavor. I may add a Yoder in the future as well.

I've been reading some Mak 2 star reviews and if I was going to buy a pellet grill, I think it would be the one.

I've been reading some Mak 2 star reviews and if I was going to buy a pellet grill, I think it would be the one.

Uh oh, the seed has been planted...

It’s just a matter of time [emoji41]

I’ve had a few I didn’t care for but currently have a 1 that runs on pellets or charcoal and I really dig it

Definitely not in the foreseeable future... I'm putting allot of effort into mastering bbq and would get zero enjoyment out of the process of a pellet...

I make my own roux, sharpen knives with a stone, shine my shoes by hand and bbq without the use of electricity. Iv been told I was born in the wrong generation..

But to each his own.

Rb

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Definitely not in the foreseeable future... I'm putting allot of effort into mastering bbq and would get zero enjoyment out of the process of a pellet...

I make my own roux, sharpen knives with a stone, shine my shoes by hand and bbq without the use of electricity. Iv been told I was born in the wrong generation..

But to each his own.

Rb

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Even though I am a pellethead, I’ve gotta admit, I like guys like you. Low tech, old school will always be cool to me! Perhaps one day when my kids are grown and gone, I’ll start shining my shoes, sharpening my own knives and start my bbq by rubbing 2 sticks together. [emoji41]

Back