Anyone own a Lodge enameled DO?

RW

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm wondering how long you have been using dutch oven and how well it's holding up.
In other words, would you buy it again or buy another one?
Thanks, all.

I'm wondering how long you have been using dutch oven and how well it's holding up.
In other words, would you buy it again or buy another one?
Thanks, all.

Been using it for over two years and it's still like new.

I did in fact buy one for all three of my daughter in laws and they love them also.

Its on the stove cooking a pot roast right now. Would give it four and seven eights stars - slight deduction because the lid does not have any kind of loop handle so as is I can't hang it on the pot rack :sad:

I have a Sabatier 3 qt and a Tramontina 5 qt and I am happy with both, so if you are looking to research other models there are a couple ideas.

I have a simple non-descrip 12 quart (no legs) cast iron dutch oven that my mom received from her aunt "many" years ago. The aunt used it to make her Jambalaya for many years before she gave it to mom. My mom used it for many years to make her Jambalaya as I was growing up. Then it got too heavy for mom, so she gave it to me some 15 years ago, and that is what I use to make a small Jambalaya (ten people or less).

I have a 10 gallon Cast Iron Jambalaya pot for the real Jambalaya Cooks.

I have two 6.5 Qty. Tram. Enamel pots. They are great. I gave up on standard cast iron for too much care and they're really only best for frying. The enamel is actually powdered glass melted onto the iron, so as long as you are careful they will last and clean easy, but no matter what, you will get chips.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

We bought an enameled Lodge dutchie over a year ago.
We use it all the time and it is holding up just fine. Wife loves it but complains it is a bit heavy to move when it is full of chili.

Back