• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hot and fast brisket

ZILLA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I started with a 14lb packer but I woke up to late for a low and slow session so I split the packer, gave it a super trim and cooked hot and fast at about 325 in the hot spot. I used Post Oak for fuel. 7 hours later I had brisket bliss.

This is what I left out for tomorrow. The rest got vac sealed and frozen. I started the fire at 8:00 the brisket went in at 9ish pulled it at 4:00 or so and I was all done cleaning up by 5:30ish.

Last edited:
Looks nice and moist. The rub recipe sounds really good.

zilla that looks very good. How was tenderness compared to your low and slow? Again, sure looks good!

If you hadn't told us, I would have sworn it was low and slow.... looks great. Nice shine, smoke ring, and bark.... how tender was it????

Thanks for the compliments. It was just as tender as my regular brisket, I'd turn it in at a comp no problem.

I love the slow cook method because I enjoy playing with the fire all day, hot & fast works just fine.

Looks great! I do hot and fast more often now. I guess given the choice I am a bit lazy. It works though!

I started with a 14lb packer but I woke up to late for a low and slow session so I split the packer, gave it a super trim and cooked hot and fast at about 325 in the hot spot. I used Post Oak for fuel. 7 hours later I had brisket bliss. I rubbed it with a mixture of
1 cup kosher salt,
1/2 cup medium grind black pepper, and
3 tsp of ground chili, 1 tsp each of Ancho, Cascabel, New Mexico

This is what I left out for tomorrow. The rest got vac sealed and frozen. I started the fire at 8:00 the brisket went in at 9ish pulled it at 4:00 or so and I was all done cleaning up by 5:30ish.
ive yet to try this method but now i have to.....

Ain't no other way to do them. Hot and Fast and get it over with and have as good a Brisket as a 12 hour slow smoke.
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good, Zilla.
I can't see the photo here at work due to our filters, but will take a look when I get home.
I like the sounds of it, and if it tastes like low and slow, who cares?
If you can do the same quality in 40% less time, I say do it!:wink:

Back