Bacon is finished -Pr0n

It's a Cabela's 8.6" commercial-grade meat slicer, I was going to get the 10" but they were completely sold out at Christmas. After using this one, not sure I would have "needed" the 10".

I'm loving the slicer so far! We used it a fair amount butchering weekend and then it got a good workout when we made up this batch of bacon. No regrets so far, runs pretty quiet, easy to clean and has plenty of power.

Do you have an issue with the bacon "smearing" on the cutter? I can't get clean cuts on my 10" slicer.

@Teamfour - I haven't had any issues when slicing bacon so far. I did find that putting the belly with the fattier side down so the blade made contact with the meater portion of the belly help a bit but I was able to slice it pretty much any direction I'd like without any issues.

One thing I did do was chill the belly overnight in the fridge before slicing. Are you slicing chilled meat as well?

I have to be honest, I know nothing about this! But I think it's about time I start to learn. Hot Dern that's some fine swine you got there!

One thing I did do was chill the belly overnight in the fridge before slicing. Are you slicing chilled meat as well?

Yep. I even tried putting it in the freezer for a while. As soon as the slab starts warming up I have issues. Maybe I am slicing too thin?

Too thin might be causing an issue. Let me check this coming weeekend when I slice mine up and I"ll let you know what setting/thickness I'm slicing mine at.

Back