• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Discussion Thread -> "Tex-Mex and/or Mex-Mex!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

texmex019_zpsc49e7ccb.jpg

An official Mex/Tex entry!
The play by play aqui! :becky:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186207

Nice QUALITY start fellas!

Looking forward to this one! Just wanna know... Texas Chili should not have beans. Mexican Chili... does it have beans or not. AND If it's Tex Mex Chili, do we use beans, or no beans or do we have to chop all the beans in half and only add the left sided ones? :confused:

Anyone?:noidea:

Bill

Looking forward to this one! Just wanna know... Texas Chili should not have beans. Mexican Chili... does it have beans or not. AND If it's Tex Mex Chili, do we use beans, or no beans or do we have to chop all the beans in half and only add the left sided ones? :confused:

Bill

Good to see you Bill! Those Texicans are picky about beans in their chili. I vote hidden beans as in refries.

Bill

To answer your question, no.

Texas style chili is just a variation on Chile Colorado, a beef, usually chuck cooked in a red chile based sauce till the beef is fully tender.

Bill
Texas chili has beans in my house. Chile Colorado has cubed potatoes in my house. I like Texas chili over rice. I LOVE Chile Colorado over spaghetti.......:doh: I have no farking idea what is right or wrong. I just know it's GOOD!:heh:

I may try and fill in for Tony on this one...just have to figure out what to cook...so many options.

That makes me fill better. Your mex cooking is incredible as well!!
I look foreword to seeing your entry!!:thumb:

tex-mex

All stick wood fire, mesquite and oak. Carne,( marinated skirt steak) cowboy beans (charro), chili relleno, bean and carne tostado, carne burrito with rice ,jalapeno popper. Number 5 pic. bottom is my Tex/Mex entry. Hope I got this right?

tex-mex18_zps125e53bb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All stick wood fire, mesquite and oak. Carne,( marinated skirt steak) cowboy beans (charro), chili relleno, bean and carne tostado, carne burrito with rice ,jalapeno popper. Number 5 pic. bottom is my Tex/Mex entry. Hope I got this right?

Is this an entry? You didn't specify...

Back