Turkey frying question

I see they have injectable seasoning also. My OL is going to $hit when I order some more seasoning She had to dedicate a whole cabnit just to hold all the stuff I have bought. A case of Blues Hog sauce is on its way to. I am set for the best Thanksgiving day feast we have ever had, meat, meat and more meat, its going to be great.
Mark, Wal Mart carries Tony C's products. They should have the seasoning and the cajun butter injection/marinade too. Think they still carry praline ham glaze/injection as well.

If you are looking for a cajun injection this one has served us well:

2 sticks butter
2 Tbsp garlic juice
2 Tbsp onion juice
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp cayenne
2 Tbsp crab boil concentrate (I use Zatarains)

If you have a juicer use it to make the garlic and onion juice. Heat up recipe to get all ingredients mixed well.
Inject and let set in frig for at least 4 hours over night is better.
This will do 12 to 14 pound bird.
Rub the outside with season salt or rub of choice.

Wayne said:
I would venture to say that anything that is deep fried will tast good. I like fried chicken, steak, pies, apples (wraped in pastry), potatos , onions, ocra, fish, pork tenders, turkeys, and especially cordon bleu. But I really do not want to fuss with the oil. I have a friend that fries turkeys and they are always good, bit not that much better than my easy to fix smoked turkey. I also kind of like the smoked flavor that only happens when you smoke the bird.

It helps if you know someone who owns or works in a restaraunt that has a grease disposal trap. If you don't know anyone like that you could take it to some recycleing facilities or you could just put it back in the container and throw it in the trash and hope the trash guys don't put any fire in the dump truck.

kcquer said:
I see they have injectable seasoning also. My OL is going to $hit when I order some more seasoning She had to dedicate a whole cabnit just to hold all the stuff I have bought. A case of Blues Hog sauce is on its way to. I am set for the best Thanksgiving day feast we have ever had, meat, meat and more meat, its going to be great.
Mark, Wal Mart carries Tony C's products. They should have the seasoning and the cajun butter injection/marinade too. Think they still carry praline ham glaze/injection as well.

we did TC Creole Butter for 2 years until I stumbled onto Tony's C's Butter Jalepeno. That injection is farking awesome!!

Mark, as long as your ordering, get a couple boxs of Dirty Rice. TC makes some great sides!!

Mark, you should be able to find Tony C's at Dillons and Food 4 Less.

Mark, as long as your ordering, get a couple boxs of Dirty Rice. TC makes some great sides!!
And at least one container of the Extra Spice. More spice less salt, mix with some sugar for a quick easy rub.

Well Bill, between us we'll get it right. The box I have on the shelf says, "More Spice Seasoning". Whatever the name, it rocks!

kcquer said:
Well Bill, between us we'll get it right. The box I have on the shelf says, "More Spice Seasoning". Whatever the name, it rocks!

It sure does. And kick, everything on the way should be used for a turkey fry. Your gonna be covered. More, injections, the works.

You provide the turkey :)

Just don't look at the sodium level. One of them is my favorite side dish.

I use these products when I go "off the wagon" for watching my sodium levels. TC's is one of the few things I'll splurge on. But I only have it every couple months.

[quote="willkat98]
we did TC Creole Butter for 2 years until I stumbled onto Tony's C's Butter Jalepeno. That injection is farking awesome!!

Mark, as long as your ordering, get a couple boxs of Dirty Rice. TC makes some great sides!![/quote]

Okay. I got my Tony C's seasonings ordered. I am trying out the jalapeno butter that Bill recommended and the More Spice also. Damn......I will have the smoker, fryer and oven all fired up and full of some good Turkey Day food. This group should leave stuffed, and there taste buds tingling. :wink:

Anyone thinking ahead to frying a bird for Thanksgiving yet this year?

Thanks for riviving this...

Ummmmm------can you make a shoe stink? Sorry, joking, ....YES!
The act of frying bird has rejuvenated my belief in Thanksgiving. No longer do we have to eat the shoe strings prepared by my mom.

When my brother and wife and I started this practice 2 years ago, my mom became offically retired from bird duty. Turkey has never tasted so good.

We do 1/2 Canola and 1/2 peanut oil. First part Canola to make wanton appitizers during the football games. Then add the peanut oil, and fry 2 cornish game hens as more appitizers are needed for the cocktails that are now being consumed.

Then, its turkey time! I like to do two, one with cajun injectors and one with savory. Both have streaks all over the place, but nobody in my family seems to care.

This year I plan to stick a 3rd one in the freezer. Brine it and cook it on my brand spankin new weber rotisierri I get for christmas.

Man I love Thanksgiving. Fried bird and Beaujeaulias!

Ill smoke one and fry one and probably a few chickens on C. Hens. hopefully we are having our first thanksgiving at our house. but depends on our families. if not i tote everything to my moms and cook there. Im ready for fall to get here.. i love some fried turkey.

Back