Anyone want my spot for Swinetastic next weekend?

mclancey

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm not going to be able to make it to Swinetastic next weekend. Just wanted to see if anyone wants my spot. They are full with 75 teams.

Likewise Sal, thanks. It's more of a money, lack of a dedicated teammate, and trying to get a promotion at work so I don't want to call off issue.

Actually, I have to find a dedicated teammate or join another
Team or I'm not going to be able to compete at all.

It sucks because I need to gain points on you for Maba Toy in ribs:mrgreen:
And at least maintain my 3rd place standing in brisket., I'll definately lose those positions if I don't compete this weekend

Hey Mike,

Thanks again for the email. Unfortunately, after I received the email from the organizer that there was no room left at the inn, I made alternative plans. Thank again for thinking of me.

I guess, i need to understand how it works, if i have to do anything when we get there?

I guess, i need to understand how it works, if i have to do anything when we get there?

you may want to call the organizer and make sure that the spot is transferable, some comps wont let you do it. Chris is a pretty decent guy, but since its sold out he may have other plans for the spot.

you may want to call the organizer and make sure that the spot is transferable, some comps wont let you do it. Chris is a pretty decent guy, but since its sold out he may have other plans for the spot.

How could he have other plans? Its his space. Worst case, compete under the registered team name. Just my 2cents...

How could he have other plans? Its his space. Worst case, compete under the registered team name. Just my 2cents...

yes, you could compete under the registered team name and just let KCBS know you're using a different team name, I've done it before, Even if the organizer isn't willing to change the team name KCBS will change it on their records. You will still get called under the correct name and the points will got to whatever you tell KCBS you're competing under.

I've emailed Chris Carter, but I have yet to get a response from him.

You cant "sell" your spot at NewHolland. you use it (headcook) or lose it. Could be that they generally have someone waiting, dont know. since the head cook isnt competing the 1st team waiting would get the spot. Im not sure if you would get a refund or not but Big George would know from experience.

Last edited:
I showed up in place of Mike C. at new Holland last year and they were fine with it and have held his spot for this year. I don't see why they wouldn't understand the circumstances just let the spot be transferred.

All taken care of, Eric is taking it. Swinetastic had no issues with Fire and Spice taking my spot.

I showed up in place of Mike C. at new Holland last year and they were fine with it and have held his spot for this year. I don't see why they wouldn't understand the circumstances just let the spot be transferred.

last year was the 1st year they couldnt fill the field, I actually bought the space next to me so I could claim a double again this year.it had alot to do with the hurricane.

Back