• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A Funkmasta Vinny Production

I'm gonna do hot and fast and let them sit today. I always cut the hard fat out of the middle so I know where to split it. Maybe I will let it ride today.

Oh I trim them... I trim mostly the BULGE out of that region but not "inside."

Last edited by a moderator:
Vinny and I both could top your Pic. LOL Anyone remember the Ham I posted once?

Like this?:biggrin:

IMG_0005-8.jpg

Nice vid Phunk,keep em coming!

Do you always wrap the briskets in plastic film to rest?
Is this just a way to reduce sloppiness? It seems like it might mess up the bark.
jon

Do you always wrap the briskets in plastic film to rest?
Is this just a way to reduce sloppiness? It seems like it might mess up the bark.
jon

I started doing this because of the way Our 3rd Sunday Sales go. I would smoke the briskets and wrap them and hold them at 165 or so in our Kitchen Food Holder/proofer. It stays there until 6 in the am when we turn it off and open the door to cool. The church smells AWESOME.

I have a guy that drains the briskets, another that unpacks and trims. and one that slices. THICK TOO.

You can see this behind me in the shots where I am standing behind the stack.

The process is, I smoke them DONE unless I know they will be frozen for a reheat at some other time (in which I cook until the point is done and give instructions for a 4 hour defrosted pack reheat).

So I pull them and the bark is so hot and rough (like 50 GRIT sandpaper) it is hard to wrap them. I wrap them three shortways, 3 long ways three short ways,longways and short ways maybe another 2 times. They seal as the cool from the 200 range to 165.

NOW SINCE I AM NOT COOLING THEM, its okay to wrap them... I am holding them. I never put hot meat in the fridge or freezer. I left them cool considerably maybe even an ice bath first.

As I have said a few times, this wrapping does two things, it softens the bark and makes for one hell of a juicy brisket. The meat doesn't really get more done but the fat reduces its water.

I am going to call my election team together because I won't to be elected for Funkmasta North!

Is there any Northern Funk?

*singing* Make my funk the Q Funk! I wants to get funked up!

Yeah lets see if I can relay what Popdaddy says but nicer.

Imagine your in your stretch delorean with some Smokey on and your with someone's hot young but legal daughter. Simply poke around till you feel that wet spot and find that greasy warm area between the meet of the two sections. Now you may be old to hold the knife but you always got the butta for her muffin. Slide that tip in there and it will naturally follow the fat all the way through. Then I like to use the back edge to cut out, then flip the back edge to cut in... the back dull edge cuts fat but not meat. Then flip it right inside to cut through the butt end of the brisket. When you spread the meat like a couple of curtains, all those juices flow out.

funniest thing I have read on here in a long time brother!

funniest thing I have read on here in a long time brother!

Okay your a sophmore here and probably a great quer TOO! Welcome to the forum! Glad to have ya!

but learn this... when you find a sleeper of mine please don't repeat it. I am sure it passes by the moderators and reposting it can get me thrown out then I have to use one of my other 17 screenames I use to constantly argue with myself.

Seriously, I am very happy you are part of the Fam!:-D

Okay your a sophmore here and probably a great quer TOO! Welcome to the forum! Glad to have ya!

but learn this... when you find a sleeper of mine please don't repeat it. I am sure it passes by the moderators and reposting it can get me thrown out then I have to use one of my other 17 screenames I use to constantly argue with myself.

:eek::shock::biggrin:

Back