If You're Looking For A New Enchiladas Recipe

Thanks for sharing! I think these just made next Tuesday’s taco night menu. Close enough to tacos and they sound YUM!

Sound good, but the 1000 Island dressing and condensed chicken soup don't do it for me. Making scratch red chile from dry pods is pretty easy and will make a WORLD of difference, especially if you can access and like to experiment with different pods.

Bob

It snows many times per year here at 3600 feet. What’s strange is how it can go from 85 to 20 and fall season can last about two days.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I think these just made next Tuesday’s taco night menu. Close enough to tacos and they sound YUM!

Let us know how it goes. Although I’m not much of a recipe person this is one Id suggest be followed. Right down to simple salad with Thousand Island. When opened this place was always packed. Authentic Mexican? Nope.
We enjoyed Country Pride restaurant. They also had a chicken fried steak that would hang off the plate

It’s 2020, anything can happen!

It was in all the news outlets. It was a freak ice storm. Here is a YouTube video on the storm that was uploaded yesterday.

https://youtu.be/ytMexp5QJVQ

I get the aversion to condensed soup. No one was more surprised than me to see it in the recipe. Kind of like Truck Stop Enchiladas** without the Trucks & Diesel pumps

**TSE= equal amounts Wolf Brand Chili And Velveeta melted together semi froze rolled into corn tortillas layered sided by side in a casserole dish, covered in red enchilada Sauce & heated throughout. Again simple salad-thousand island and pintos

Last edited:
I rolled this one out at the house tonight, and it was a big hit with the wife. I'm full as a tick too. Thanks for sharing @16Adams !

Last edited:
Crazy how it works. That place was always crowded

Thanks, I saved it and will have to give it a try! Amarillo has some fine texmex

Gonna try this tonight, very similar to taco salad recipe we use, though we use Catalina vs thousand island

Made it tonight... even made the cream of chicken from scratch... family LOVED it!

2d0e65f1dd91a30c675b5d8db289dd10.jpg

55291427e73d514f5760be81801bb95a.jpg

f27d33cc4c76513a0f481840b0cb9198.jpg

Looks awesome

Gonna try this tonight, very similar to taco salad recipe we use, though we use Catalina vs thousand island

Country Pride actually had a “Taco” on the menu. It was like 3 enchiladas stacked instead of rolled inside a sturdier shell. We used to get that and split it. Saved a 1.50 over the 3 enchilada plate.
We were young.

Back