View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 07:52 AM   #18
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingJ View Post
Wow, I'm surprised to see many familiar places on that list!

One of my cigar chat buddies recently mentioned Ridgeway, specifically during a blue cheese discussion.

The Big Bob Gibsons trophy part had me literally laughing out loud (we ordered their baked potatoes when we went, and looooved them)

I had a similar experience at Rendezvous as your first trip, and when she went with her friends last year, it mirrored mine. I'm glad you found out they actually can make edible food.

Central is an interesting place. I went to the one on Central (I think there are 3 locations?) with a coworker, and we loved it. I sent another coworker later, and then a family friend. They both said it was the words BBQ they had ever had.

Mostly, I'm impressed you could eat that much Que. I sure love making it, but meal after meal just isn't that exciting to me. Glad you had a safe trip! Thanks for the fantastic post.
One thing we all know is that getting a consistent product is a huge challenge, especially when you're cooking for the masses. Last night I was rewatching that second video highlighting Helen's BBQ (a couple posts up). It is a tour and the last stop was at Rendezvous. In the video you can see them adding a liberal amount of seasoning on the ribs afterward. That is what I'd had the first time I'd visited. This most definitely was not what I had this time, and it was so much better. Perhaps, a new chef who didn't know what he was doing?
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->