THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mn_big_dog

Knows what a fatty is.
Wanted to try something new. I do a ton of pork, but not so much beef. Saw a couple people do this in the past, and had to give it a try.

Here's what I started with...about 5.5lbs chuck roast

ingredients.jpg

Did the cooking on my Weber @300....used Mesquite and Jack Daniels chips

on-the-weber.jpg

When the roasts were at almost 160...put together the other items

veggie-bath.jpg

Pulled the chuck's at 160 and put them in the pan...covered in foil. Back on the Weber at 350

3-hours-in.jpg

After another 3 hours...shredded the beef and mixed together...back on the Weber for another 1/2 hour to reduce the liquid

shredded.jpg

Served it up on onion buns with a slice of provolone

done.jpg

If you haven't tried this yet.....DO IT.

Fine lookin grub. I never have any good beer to use so just add a little of what I have. Did you use any worcestershire sauce? I'll have some over some rice please.

looks good. What were the est cook times for the different stages? I think this is going to be dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing.

Looks real good. The peas add nice color to the plate.

I was actually going to make the same today but in the end I just picked up a flat to cook up and I'm about to go foil it now.

Good mealtime have there my friend :thumb:

Back