• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sundays pizzas

Big dawg

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My wife wanted pizza and a movie so pizza it is. Cooked 2 pizzas at 500 on the akorn for 12 minutes each they came out pretty good. Here's a few pics.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359567661.778904.jpg
Sausage and pepperoni
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359567703.288440.jpg
Second pizza added tomatoes and jalapeños
The movie Taken 2

Jrow

Thanks guy they were real tasty. I might try a deep dish on the cast iron this weekend.

Jrow

Outstanding looking pies IMHO.
Being a newbie at pizza I precook my crust before applying the toppings?

Outstanding looking pies IMHO.
Being a newbie at pizza I precook my crust before applying the toppings?

Not sure if you were asking a question, but I will answer.
Precooking the crust will allow you to add toppings and not worry about the crust sticking to the surface where you are making the pizza, such as a peel. Another thing about par cooking the crust, is that it will get the middle and top of the crust done before adding sauce. The mistake people make when topping a pizza, is that they put too much sauce and toppings on the pizza and that does not allow for the crust to cook. Good luck.

To the original post, great looking pies. Have you tried putting the stone on the lower rack? I cooked pizza on the lower rack with a larger stone and they turned out great.

Thanks guy they were real tasty. I might try a deep dish on the cast iron this weekend.

Jrow

Cast Iron deep dish is the bomb, I have a simple no knead dough recipe that make an amazing crust. Here is one I did , it is BBQ chicken pizza.

HsIooKt.jpg

I've tried cooking pizza a couple of times...but the crust burned badly on the pizza stone each time. :tsk:
With the Akorn, are the coals directly under the pizza stone?
Any pointers on how to avoid burning the crust?

I've tried cooking pizza a couple of times...but the crust burned badly on the pizza stone each time. :tsk:
With the Akorn, are the coals directly under the pizza stone?
Any pointers on how to avoid burning the crust?

You have to have a diffuser between the coals and pizza stone and try to cook your pies between 450 and 550. Pies should be done no longer than 12 minutes, at least that's thaw way I always do them.

Jrow

Back