Comps in Iowa

R

RazBarlow

Just wondering if there are any competitions in the state of iowa ?
Thank You,
Raz

According to thepickledpig.com, IA had 12 KCBS santioned comps this year. The only states with more last year were MO (42), KS (34), Tenn (15) and Ill (14).

Plus I know the IBS has a few others.

And as far as I know they will all be back in 2009. I heard Mitchellville may try and go KCBS as well.

So you have BBQlossal, Council Bluffs, State Center, Marshalltown, Nevada, Mason City, Waterloo, LaPorte City, Dubuque, Waucoma, Ankeny, Independence.

There is also Omaha, La Platte, and one more location over along the Iowa/Nebraska border, Albert Lea and maybe one other on the northern border and I can't speak as to what is on the eastern border.

Keep an eye on www.iabbq.org as all sanctioned and non-sanctioned contest in Iowa are posted there as they are received. There were about 5-8 non sanctioned contest as well.

Just wondering if there are any competitions in the state of iowa ?
Thank You,
Raz

Raz,
You should join the IA BBQ Society. Google it. It lists all the comps in Iowa. There's some pretty good teams in Iowa, but the contests are friendly.

We will be looking for an early summer contest as all the Wi contests are in Aug. and Sept.Iowa and Minnesota will be nice to visit.

There's several great contests in Southern Minnesota and Northern Iowa...Mason City, Austin Mn, Waterloo, and Albert Lea Mn all come to mind as good options "up north" . They would all be a nice short drive for you Coz :)

Been beat up by every one this year so whats the diff who beats me up...I had spent a lot of time in Iowa when I used to comp coon hunt so thinkin I might see a few old friends out there.Minnesota has an early contest or two that I may be interested in. The one at Albert Lea if I remember correctly is a later one and is the same weekend as one 15 miles down the road from home.

Darren owns Iowa. Yer just playing for second there.

Yes he does:eek:

Austin(Mn in may) and Owatonna(Smokin in Steele) have both been in May...Austin seems to have a better draw. We will be cooking both.

Back