I Hung Some Cevapi, Chicken Souvlaki, and some ~thirdeye~ Wings

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
Well this meal was a new adventure into flavors, and about the 10th cook with the flat skewers that Sako recommended 6 or 7 months ago for use in my BDS.

The Chicken Souvlaki is a Greek recipe and is strips of marinated chicken breast. It was served in flour tortillas with lettuce, tomato, onion, with some tzatziki.

The Cevapi was from a Croatian recipe and it's a casing-less sausage. We used ground beef, but there are several versions from countries in the region that use pork and lamb... or a mixture. It sounds like they can be served as appetizers or in a sandwich with many optional sauces... but they were tasty in a tortilla with the same toppings as the chicken.

The wings were a quick marinade of olive oil, garlic, onion, basil, soy sauce, salt and pepper.

I'm liking the casing-less sausage cooked this way, as it can be a small-batch formulation instead of breaking out the stuffer and making 10# worth. I did form it on the skewers 4 or 5 hours before hanging so it would set-up a little.

FM3ml6Z.jpg

9FcOmT7.jpg

CJTRecM.jpg

Hyme05D.jpg

9UKgQVN.jpg

I'll say! How about the recipe for the ground meat skewers?
I need to do that.

Bob said it all.

That looks like a really fun and delicious adventure!

I'll say! How about the recipe for the ground meat skewers?
I need to do that.

MlqfOwu.jpg

Mrs ~t~ found these products in a European market in Denver and we combined the recommended amount of them, added some minced onion, then additional pepper after I formed the meat on the skewer. I used 1.5 pounds of hamburger to make the 4 skewers. I think it's about like us buying a sausage seasoning from Curley's instead of making one from scratch.

Anyways, the ingredients on these pouches were consistent with recipes I found online when searching for Cevapi, or Cevapcici (different spellings). In addition to the meat it has onion, garlic, red peppers, paprika and some flour for a filler and to make it bind up.

Third I got my EYE on that sausage UDS cook!

Looks delicious!

Amazoning those meat pie packets now!!!!!

Third I got my EYE on that sausage UDS cook!

Looks delicious!

Amazoning those meat pie packets now!!!!!

Google a home-made recipe it's pretty simple. They did have a really good flavor and maybe because I knew it was from the Balkan area influenced my taste buds a little. Sausage is global, and many of the recipes are somewhat similar.

We should ask the chef - which was your favorite - the wings, skewers,

or the chicken breasts???? It all looks tremendous.

We should ask the chef - which was your favorite - the wings, skewers,

or the chicken breasts???? It all looks tremendous.

Thanks for the kind words. Well, we had leftovers for dinner tonight so before I pick one... I can tell you I have a special place in my heart for whole wings, and I've make my own sausage for decades and even got into hot dogs a few years ago....and tzatziki is a wonderful addition to a wrap. At this moment in time, and because I liked the mechanics of the sausage cooked on skewers, and since it was a new flavor I would have to say the Cevapi edged out the other meats for my favorite.

Looks great!
I would just be too scred that the meat slides of the skewers when hanging them.....

That whole meals looks tantalizing
Cevapi would be one of our favorites, so simple and tasty.
Ours is a Croatian Recipe given to us

That whole meals looks tantalizing
Cevapi would be one of our favorites, so simple and tasty.
Ours is a Croatian Recipe given to us

Would you mind sharing your recipe?

Would you mind sharing your recipe?

Sure, i need to find it first. Be right back,

I,m back
This is so simple and tasty it should be against the law.
Charcoal makes it shine

Subject: CEVAPI (Michaels recipe)

Ingredients

1 Kg Pork Mince
250g Beef Mince
1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
2tsp Pepper (finely ground)
2tsp Salt
2tsp Fresh Garlic (minced)
1tbsp Onion (minced)
100-150ml mineral water

Method
Combine above ingredients using dough hook on mixer or thoroughly by hand. Refrigerate overnight in airtight container to absorb all the flavours. Roll meat into sausage shape the thickness of thin bbq sausages Cut into 6-7cm pieces Bbq or fry using hotplate or fry pan.
Note: if unsure of seasoning can fry a little raw meat to taste and adjust as needed before refrigerating. Mineral water content will depend on quality of meat so add gradually so that you have a soft pliable consistency, but not too watery.

There you have it, the spring water and soda make this amost springy

Back