Smokin in the NJ Pines

K

KillerKaveMan

First things first, please do not confuse me with the stereotypical "Nawth Joisey" :crazy: characters. i'm from the southern part of the state where flannels, bon fires, mud trucks, dirt bikes and BBQ 'n' Horseshoes are the norm.:-D Just a bunch of good 'ol Piney's :wacko:.

This is a pic of my fire pit in the backyard:
IMG_20121111_155343.jpg

Yes i actually cook on it and it works amazing:biggrin1:

I found this forum while searching for info on UDS's. my current rig is a modified Charbroiler smoker/grill. i know its a poorly designed unit but I still manage to cook up some amazing Q on it but its a pain when doing long smokes as its about as airtight as a screen door. so i'm looking to build something with ultimate control and not break my already light wallet.

My first 2 projects will be a UDS w/ diffuser made from an open head drum and self fueled charcoal retort.

I'll cook, smoke, grill, just about any meat or veggie. indirect cooking is my preferred method unless hamburgers and thin steaks are in order.

i think i rambled on long enough.... Thanks for the great forum!

Welcome from Hudson County NJ.

Yes, my real last name is GUIDO....and NO.... I'm not like
the people on that TV show.

Thank you everyone.

BBQ MAFIA, no hard feelings towards you northern folk. just that most people have that soparano's/ jersey shore image when they hear NJ.thankfully 80% of NJ is not like that :)

Back